ProtoBusterSwordWhat's your favorite kind of music?
Nope 
Exactly what it says on the tin. What is your favorite kind(s) of music? I'll start.

For me, it'll have to be nerdcore. I'll admit, I was never into any kind of hip-hop until I heard the album Blur Bomber by Mega Ran and Myster Wilson. For those of you that don't know, the album is loosely based on the Archie comics Sonic and Mega Man crossover arc called "When Worlds Collide." That was how I was introduced to Mega Ran, AKA Random. 

Now if truth be told, I actually had heard of Mega Ran before in a 2010 issue of Nintendo Power (back when it was still a magazine..ahh, good times~) and I wasn't interested in him nor in hip-hop. Fast forward a few years later, when I finally had an internet connection, I had discovered the world of Nerdcore Hip-hop and thus I had found Mega Ran.  I especially love his albums that are Hip-Hop renditions of the classic Mega Man games. If you guys like, I can link y'all to some of his works. I guarantee that you'll like them. 

I have a bunch of other favorite nerdcore artists too. If you want to know more, let me know! Always happy to talk about this!

-Proto
I mainly listen to video game music, but I also like future funk and classic house music as well. I also have a soft spot for 90's dance music and grunge.
Country and rock have always been favorites of mine, but I also like practically anything from the 80s.
(08-07-2018, 08:51 AM)HollyYoshi Wrote: Country and rock have always been favorites of mine, but I also like practically anything from the 80s.
Haha me too about the 80s. Heavy Metal, Rock, Pop, it’s all good! 80s pop is my favorite though. Besides that I kind of like everything! Obviously some more than others but I like a good song regardless of genre.
I like any kind of music, but I mostly listen to Rock or Metal.
(08-07-2018, 10:47 AM)Zamau Wrote: I like any kind of music, but I mostly listen to Rock or Metal.

I like older metal like Iron Maiden also Hair Metal like Ratt and Cinderella!
Iron Maiden are one of my favourite bands. And I have heard some good songs form Ratt and Cinderella. I think hair metal is okay, I like some songs from Motley Crue, Poison too.
Oh man i love my Folk Metal mostly the ones made in romania and a bit of Jynx a NY Rap Metal Band.
I mostly stick to 80s stuff (yacht rock, classic rock, metal, hair metal, etc.) but I delve into progressive rock and mathcore from time to time as well. Tool and The Fall of Troy are some of my favorite bands, despite being very different sounds (but interestingly similar styles; progressive stylings, unusual time signatures, that sort of thing). I delve a little into rap a little as well, but mostly older stuff. I don't listen to country music ony own as a rule, but I guarantee you I could sing along to most of the stuff on the radio as a result of growing up around it.
(08-07-2018, 02:58 PM)Kitm Wrote: I mostly stick to 80s stuff (yacht rock, classic rock, metal, hair metal, etc.) but I delve into progressive rock and mathcore from time to time as well. Tool and the Fall of Troy are some of my favorite bands, despite being very different sounds (but interestingly similar styles; progressive stylings, unusual time signatures, that sort of thing). I delve a little into rap a little as well, but mostly older stuff. I don't listen to country music ony own as a rule, but I guarantee you I could sing along to most of the stuff on the radio as a result of growing up around it.

As a kid I loved Will Smith. I like his clean rap, hate songs that are just about drugs and sex. When I went to Miami last year I made sure to put Miami by Will Smith on repeat. Lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Your Favorite Halloween Music? Infinite 3 680 10-15-2020, 03:55 AM
Last Post: SCS