SakuraSweetsThe Actions of Gerald Robotnik
Hello~

i am just wondering what you guys think about Ivo's grandfather? 

TBH I wish I could learn a little more about him, it seems to me that his lore is all over the place in regards to the spinoffs. In general, i think he is an ok character, a good man that has torn apart by tragedy and despair. I kinda wonder how on earth Ivo became the man he is while he worshiped his gramps.
He's definitely a character I wish they'd touch on more. I'm only familiar with him in SA2. Did they mention him in other games?

His motives were out of tragedy but man, did he really think destroying the entire planet would make things better?
(01-08-2021, 05:54 AM)Metallix Wrote: He's definitely a character I wish they'd touch on more. I'm only familiar with him in SA2. Did they mention him in other games?

His motives were out of tragedy but man, did he really think destroying the entire planet would make things better?

Yeah they did, but they are all over the place. They always say that he found stuff, only to seal it in can later on. Its also confusing on what kind of DR he is. Is he an robotic scientist? a bio engineer? an archaeologist? they cant seem to make up their minds
I think he has a lot of potential. Specifically in relation to Eggman. He was clearly someone he looked up to.
I wonder if, given what they have painted him up to be thus far, they might someday revisit him and give him a full backstory. I suspect his accomplishments in the scientific field were unmatched, and he probably was even more intelligent than Ivo is claimed to be. I do wonder how he orchestrated weaponizing the Ark and the "ultimate life form" and all that to try to destroy the Earth in the event of his unjust apprehension, given he would have had to assume it would happen and act out of the pain of societal betrayal before it actually took place. Perhaps he wasn't as good a guy as the past leading up to his capture would make it out to be. Maybe he was a mixed bag then. I think Sonic Team could really flush his story out and honestly, if they did a GOOD Shadow spinoff game that takes place in the time leading up to his apprehension, that would be amazing! That could flush him out, and perhaps he would be the villain in some manner. He could serve a bit to Shadow what Eggman does to Sonic, only maybe in a deeper more emotional way.