NeoMetallixJim Browning and scammer awareness
One thing I've been binging on lately are people who take down scammers or foil their plans. Jim Browning does an excellent job of this. Hopefully no one here has been scammed but this is useful to see how convincing they can be to less knowledgeable people. 

I remember watching this one TED talk about a guy trolling scam emails. Apparently, the guy has gotten into a bit of controversy and the Ted talk was taken down a few months ago but I think it's still hilarious to watch.
Ah yes he was the first person I ever watched about trolling scammers and that started my journey down that path. Too bad about his getting taken down, that explains why I saw his old stuff re-uploaded recently.

Jim Browning goes further and actually stops scams in their tracks because he can spy on their computers and phones. He's actually taken down a whole call center before.
Another new video that's really good! He actually scammed the scammer into giving him money and they got people arrested. Not all heroes wear capes!

I absolutely love the videos going after the scammers! Brilliant! Though, I wish it didn't have to exist. Much pleasure as I take watching that, I'd take a great deal more if people weren't out there scamming in that fashion!

Also, I didn't hear about the things with James Veitch, but after a quick inquiry with Uncle Google, I'm very sad now. Sad
Yeah same here, I looked it up too. He was my first exposure to scam baiting. Jim Browning takes it to a whole new level though by actually shutting them down!

If you enjoyed these I'd go watch more and people like Scammer Payback, Kitboga, and Hoax Hotel.
(06-06-2021, 06:25 AM)NeoMetallix Wrote: Yeah same here, I looked it up too. He was my first exposure to scam baiting. Jim Browning takes it to a whole new level though by actually shutting them down!

If you enjoyed these I'd go watch more and people like Scammer Payback, Kitboga, and Hoax Hotel.

Don't forget Trilogy Media, boss! They do excellent work in messing scammers up too!
Oh I've watched a fair bit of Kitboga before. He might be my favorite one of the bunch but I guess I haven't seen everyone yet so I shouldn't make that assessment just now! hehe
(06-06-2021, 08:00 AM)ProtoBusterSword Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 06:25 AM)NeoMetallix Wrote: Yeah same here, I looked it up too. He was my first exposure to scam baiting. Jim Browning takes it to a whole new level though by actually shutting them down!

Don't forget Trilogy Media, boss! They do excellent work in messing scammers up too!

Nice, I'll have to check them out! Smile
(06-07-2021, 02:52 PM)NeoMetallix Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 08:00 AM)ProtoBusterSword Wrote:

Nice, I'll have to check them out! Smile

Be sure that you do, they're getting better and better! Heck, they even reformed a scammer and they even teamed up with Pierogi of Scammer Payback to expose scammers! They're going places.