Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha_Blue_SquirrelI did not know SA2B was so graphically inferior to the DC version
Craaaappp 
Apparently some stages suffer from worse lighting in the GC/PC/HD ports but the biggest downgrade is in the cutscenes. This is something I had no idea until I saw this video. He mentions that some things were improved, obviously, like some things are higher poly but higher poly and resolution(in the HD version) doesn't make up for the lacking effects seen in the DC version. 

Well its what you get from having a port of a port.
Luckily on PC we have mods Big Grin
Wow it looks quite a bit worse, I just checked the HD version I own and now it makes sense why Eggman's screen is so hard to see when he's watching the news about Shadow. I kept thinking, wasn't there supposed to be something there?

(05-09-2019, 08:19 AM)MadmanRB Wrote: Well its what you get from having a port of a port.
Luckily on PC we have mods Big Grin
Are there any mods that have restored it to its original fidelity?

[Image: nextlevelsig.png]
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

@Metallix I don't think so but possibly that can be fixed by inserting video files of the DC games where the cutscenes play in the game.
Well there's also this

https://www.moddb.com/games/sonic-adventure-2/mods
(05-12-2019, 03:31 PM)MadmanRB Wrote: Well there's also this

https://www.moddb.com/games/sonic-adventure-2/mods

The HD texture pack is awesome but I'm not seeing anything that fixes the actual cutscenes to their original quality. That would be an awesome mod imo.

[Image: nextlevelsig.png]
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

yeah, i imagine its just because no one has the cutscene models or the rendering is locked in somehow.

Who read this thread?
8 User(s) read this thread:
Alpha_Blue_Squirrel, Dopey, Kitm, Kurisu The Wolf, Lighthead, Ludi, MadmanRB, Metallix