Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MetallixGenesis/MegaDrive Mini 10 new games revealed!
Announced today for Genesis Mini in USA/EU:
  • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
  • World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck
  • Thunder Force III
  • Super Fantasy Zone
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Contra: Hard Corps
  • Landstalker
Lineup so far:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Shining Force
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  • ToeJam & Earl
  • Comix Zone
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Castle of Illusion
  • World of Illusion
  • Thunder Force III
  • Super Fantasy Zone
  • Shinobi III
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Contra: Hard Corps
  • Landstalker

So what do you think? It has some decent third party games in there as well such as Earthworm Jim. Sadly I already have the HD version so it doesn't really entice me but a good get imo. This is looking like a proper effort into the mini console realm for Sega.

[Image: nextlevelsig.png]
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

So far the line up of games is looking good. I'm surprised to see Castlevania Bloodlines among the list of games. I haven't played it before, but I thought a game like Castlevania Bloodlines would be one of those overlooked good games, that wouldn't get added. There has been some effort put into the console and it looks promising. I hope more games will be added like Aladdin, Streets of Rage 1 and 3 along with some underrated gems like Out of This World/Another World and Flashback.
The following 1 user Likes Zamau's post:
  • Metallix
I Hope with SoR2 listed, it means that we will also get SoR1 and SoR3. Same goes for Sonic, though I think it is unlikely we will see Sonic 3 due to whatever dispute is going on between SEGA and the Michael Jackson estate over the in-game music, but I bet we also see S&K make the list at some point.

I am surprised that Golden Axe is not yet on the list. I would think that game would be a shoe-in.

Hopefully the emulation and menu system on this new Genesis console is not as bad as the AtGames/FireCore versions.
As much as I’d like that, I don’t think they’re adding all the games from the series. I was surprised to see Sonic 2. I think that’s it just like the Genesis collection on PSP which only had 1&2.

[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

I wonder what the upcoming games will be? Although I don't think any fighting games like Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat are coming to the console. Since you needed a six button controller for those games. Also another game I hope will be on the console is Strider.
I'm looking forward to the next 20 games. It seems they are really doing a good job here. I'm slowly slowly leaning towards getting this. I usually find mini consoles to be stupid, but getting an actual Genesis again would be too much hassle at this point in time for me.

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
HollyYoshi, Kitm, Kurisu The Wolf, Metallix