ProtoBusterSwordGenesis Detective Agency: The Battle for Castle Sol (Character thread) Bios for the OC's of the RP GDA: The Battle for Castle Sol.
Hey there, Proto here!

So we have launched our RP, Genesis Detective Agency: The Battle for Castle Sol. At the behest of one of the people I'm playing with, the awesome @ChaosKaiser, I have a full character thread describing who the OC's in this Roleplay are! 

Starting with me...
  • Seg Genesis
  • Aaron Kunai
[Image: Seg-Genesis.png] [Image: Neko-Aaron-anthro.png]
 Name: Seg Genesis

Species: Hedgehog

Abilities: Able to emulate-that is, copy- the abilities of who or whatever he touches thanks to his special gloves.

Quirks: is shy towards the fairer gender, tends to stammer and stutter when speaking and also tends to adjust the goggles on his head from time to time.

Bio: Seg is the adopted son of Blaze the Cat and Silver the Hedgehog. Late one night in the Sol Dimension, a wicker basket containing a small Hedgehog boy was found near the gates to the Sol Fortress and was brought in and to the attention of Princess Blaze. She felt sad for this little Hedgehog boy and decided to adopt him as one of her own, being an excellent mother to him as he grew up.

As he grew, he started to have....problems. Namely, problems with Chaos energy. Anything that the boy touched, he would gain their abilities or a bit of their appearance. This became a problem for the Royal Family. So with some research his mother and father, aided by the royal technicians crafted a pair of gloves for Seg, allowing him to safely touch anyone or anything without incident. Seg now had to focus the Chaos energy inside him to emulate anything of his choosing, making for some rather interesting adventures he's had both in the Sol Dimension and the realities outside his own. With the aid of his mother and father he opened up his very own Detective agency where he solves mysteries with the help of his friends.

How the gloves work: All Seg needs to do in order to emulate someone or something is to touch them and focus the Chaos Energy inside his hands. The gloves can hold up to 4 emulations at any given time, making for a grand total of 8 emulations. It is dangerous for Seg to try and store more than 8 due to the fact that the Chaos Energy inside him will get very unstable, very fast resulting in what has been termed "energy anarchy" in which Seg's emulations deviate from his control rendering him indisposed until the energy corrects itself or disperses completely.

Name: Aaron Kunai

Species: Cat

Abilities: Is skilled in stealth and hand to hand combat.

Bio: Aaron Kunai is a cat who is Seg's best friend. Aaron is a co-founder of the Genesis Detective Agency when he and Seg solved a mystery involving the disappearance of some of Aaron's family. After bringing the cat-napper to justice Aaron decided that he and Seg made a good team in solving mysteries. He has a little kitsune sister by the name of Suni (pronounced "Sue-knee") that his family had taken in. He also has a penchant for video games, electronics and shiny things.

Now for @ChaosKaiser 's OC's..
  • Suni the Kitsune
  • "Bedlam"
 Name: Suni Kunai
  • Species: Kitsune (5-tailed)
  • Abilities: Fluent in Japanese but apart from that, nothing else..yet.

• Likes: being near her "Onii-Chan," manga, anime, videogames, Szechuan Chicken (that cheers her up when she's down or brightens up her day when she's already happy)
  • Dislikes: not being near her "Onii-Chan," evil people, not going on adventures, getting bored, scary things
  • Bio: Suni is the adopted little sister of Aaron Kunai, although the two are clearly not related by blood. Ever since Aaron had rescued her from a Hunter's trap during a routine hunt she's been at his side. She has a very sunny disposition and her curiosity knows no bounds, much to Aaron's dismay. Her wanting to be wherever her "Onii-Chan" is usually causes Aaron to panic and be very protective of her. Speaking of which, given that she is of japanese folklore she tends to give everyone she talks to either the suffix of "-san" or "-chan." She is also capable of speaking Japanese, in which completely takes over her manner of speaking when frightened, angry or sad.
       Name: "Bedlam"
       Species: Dark matter lifeform
       Abilities: Can stretch her limbs, use darkness-based attacks and able to increase her power depending on how many Sol Emeralds she has absorbed.
       Bio: Bedlam is the Sol Dimension equivalent of Chaos. The Guardian of the Sol Emeralds has a resemblance to Blaze due to the fact that this living Dark matter lifeform molds its appearance to the one who currently rules as Princess or Queen of the Sol Dimension. Once Bedlam has absorbed all 7 Sol Emeralds, she is seemingly unstoppable. Several cataclysmic events have almost happened due to her breaking free of her prison inside the Sol Emeralds' Shrine but Blaze has always managed to seal her back inside the shrine. 

Last but not least, @Count Drakupo 's OC's!
  • Taylor Hiss
  • Conrad Murgley
Name: Taylor Hiss

Species/Guise: Crow
Background and Powers: Scholar and teacher of "Dimensional Cartography", "Combat Magic", and "Primal Linguistics." Represents an organization or entity he calls the "Library." Wields fire and gravity-based magic. Likes to act mysterious with a dash of sarcasm, calling it "the whole Wizard schtick."

Name: Conrad Murgley
Species/Guise: Hyena
Background and Powers: Taylor's student in Dimensional Cartography and Combat Magic. His go-to fighting magic is mostly fire-based, but he has the rare ability to actively wield the energy from between dimensions as well. Shy around strangers and at formal occasions.

What is this Library, anyway?
Some concepts are Important enough that they're arguably alive and aware. The Library, as a place and organization, is thus the idea of "Learning" made manifest, with those working for it gathering knowledge from across dimensions to be kept safe and passed on if/when necessary.

So these are the characters for the RP starting out. As we progress, any character change, any new character introduction will be noted in this thread.
Errr... cool, but... I thought every player was supposed to write their own character descriptions. Like maybe @Count Drakupo wanted to add something different to his characters and write his own descriptions.

As for my part, I understand you writing Suni (since she's your character) but I planned on giving Bedlam some different habilities and a little backstory. Although you really nailed the part where you explain that she adopts the appearance of the current Guardian of the Sol Emeralds... ARE YOU IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW??!
(07-23-2021, 10:43 AM)ChaosKaiser Wrote: Errr... cool, but... I thought every player was supposed to write their own character descriptions. Like maybe @Count Drakupo wanted to add something different to his characters and write his own descriptions.

As for my part, I understand you writing Suni (since she's your character) but I planned on giving Bedlam some different abilities and a little backstory. Although you really nailed the part where you explain that she adopts the appearance of the current Guardian of the Sol Emeralds... ARE YOU IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW??!

1. Well, you can still do that! This was just to establish the characters. If you want to go ahead and drop some additional information, then you can definitely do that!
  2. Maaaaaaybe.....but real talk, I just made that up on the spot! Buuuuut...I won't turn down the fact that I'm in your head....it's surprisingly roomy in there 😆
Whaaa? 
(07-23-2021, 10:43 AM)ChaosKaiser Wrote: Errr... cool, but... I thought every player was supposed to write their own character descriptions. Like maybe @Count Drakupo wanted to add something different to his characters and write his own descriptions.

Thank you for trying to stand up for the integrity of my characters, but honestly I'll just be throwing things together as I go along, once we get underway. I'll probably rewrite those if and when something major enough happens.
Yup! The real beauty of this thread is to sort of create a "growth" of our characters as the RP progresses. Can't say much about my characters yet since we haven't started but even I have a feeling that I would be slightly editing my characters as well.
I have added a few new abilities for Seg.

Additional abilities: Emulation isn't the only thing Seg is capable of. Seg is also capable of harnessing the Chaos Energy inside his hands to produce a fast moving round projectile, dubbed a "Seg Sphere" by Aaron Kunai.

Seg can also use the Chaos Energy in different ways. He can store it inside his gloves to add more power to an attack, put up a brief barrier around himself (he can expand it but it takes some energy to keep it up-Called a "Sphere Shield") and even propel himself through the air in bursts (called a "Sphere Dash").
Today's a VERY special day. Today.... I'm gonna show you the FIRST THREE FORMS OF SEG'S EMULATIONS!

All these were made with the male furry dollmaker by gen8hedgehog. You can find it here: https://archive.org/details/flash_malefurrydollmaker

Now, the first form actually made its appearance in the RP very recently! Meet Stone Seg!

[Image: Seg-Genesis-Stone-Emulation-Form.png]
When Seg touches anything that has stone-like qualities he gains this form. While in this form Seg moves slower, but packs more of a punch. He's able to form into a stone sculpture by curling up into a ball and use momentum to roll at the speed of stone.

Now, here's the next form. Say hello to Spark Seg!

[Image: 1655135738476.png]
Seg gets this form by emulating a source of electrical energy. 
In this form, Seg's mobility goes way up, but his attacks now have less power but more speed, meaning Seg can dish out the pain in quick jolts and bursts. He can literally turn into a bolt of lightning in this form. Now that's metal...or something like that lol.

And last but not least, the third form I created, and this one turns up the heat!
[Image: Seg-Genesis-Flame-Emulation.png]
Seg gains Flame form when he emulates a source of heat. Yeah, fire can't be touched and can't be emulated outright but if Seg were to carry something that can be lit aflame, like a torch then that's a different story. Thanks to the form he now has limited flight with the flaming wings on his back. This 'hog is on fire, with his flame-enhanced punches, kicks and sphere attacks. His speed also doubles ala the Spark form but instead of a lightning bolt he turns into a flaming dragon hedgehog. Dragonhog? HedgeDragon? Dunno. All I know is that it's awesome.