Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limited Edition 500 Million PS4 announced
Quote:Today we’re proud to announce the PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition, a special console limited to 50,000 units globally that celebrates a phenomenal milestone in our history. This release marks PlayStation surpassing an incredible 500 million system sales worldwide.

It’s a huge milestone. One only reached because of you, the players. So, whether you first joined us with the original PlayStation, PS2, PSP (PlayStation Portable), PS3, PS Vita or PS4: thank you. You’ve made PlayStation the best place to play since it first launched back in 1994.

And in recognition of such a remarkable milestone, we’re proud to announce a remarkable console design. There’ll be chances to win the PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition as well as purchase it from select retailers across Europe* from the 24th August, at an RRP of €499.

Packaged in a special translucent collector’s box, you’ll find a translucent dark blue 2TB PlayStation 4 Pro, which, with the blue power light on, lets you glimpse into the illuminated interior of the super-charged PS4. Each console has a commemorative copper plate on its front, with its unique limited edition number etched on. Take a closer look below in the console’s unboxing video.
[Image: DkKAxE9XsAE8g7J?format=jpg&name=large]

PlayStation® Hardware Cumulative Worldwide Sell-through Surpass 525.3 Million Units

• As of July 22, 2018. Cumulative worldwide sell-through of overall PlayStation hardware includes PlayStation®, PS One, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PSP®go, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®Vita TV, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro. Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SIE.
http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/...80809.html
Red Fox
[Image: The_Chaos_Emeralds.gif]
[Image: Master_Emerald_by_MysticalTemptress.gif]
I’m more of a Nintendo guy but that’s pretty impressive. I haven’t had a PS since PS2 though but I plan on getting a PS4 for Spider-Man.
Red Fox
I like how it’s semi translucent! If I didn’t have one already I’d consider this just for its rarity. Also since it wasn’t posted in the original article PS4 is probably going to outsell the PS1 to be the second best selling console of all time. 

Quote:Moreover, PS4 surpassed 81.2 Million units as of July 22, 2018, and continues to further expand.
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

I personally like the Xbox One better, but I like the PS4 too. The original Playstation is my second favorite console of all time. I'd like to have one of these units, but I really don't have the money to get it. I'll just stick to my Gen 1 PS4 that I bought back in 2014. Tongue It still works just fine anyways.
[Image: UlpiYU4.png?1]
There's something poetically ironic about celebrating the fans' support of purchasing their console by offering a limited time console to purchase. If anything that feels like it's rewarding the people who didn't buy one.

Nevertheless, I suppose it does look nice. And it comes with 2TB standers, which is not bad.
Could anyone who had never seen stars possibly imagine what infinity is, when, most likely,
The very concept of infinity first appeared among humans inspired, once upon a time, by the nocturnal vault of the heavens?
(08-09-2018, 06:34 PM)Ravenfreak Wrote: I personally like the Xbox One better, but I like the PS4 too. The original Playstation is my second favorite console of all time. I'd like to have one of these units, but I really don't have the money to get it. I'll just stick to my Gen 1 PS4 that I bought back in 2014. Tongue It still works just fine anyways.

Yeah buying multiple consoles is for those with tons of money. I usually get one when I can and stick to it regardless of slimmer or enhanced systems. I know my Switch is eventually getting a 2.0 but I didn’t want to wait.
Red Fox

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PS4 sold 91.6 Million Metallix 0 35 01-08-2019, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Metallix
Thumbs Up New Nintendo Direct Announced For Tomorrow The Everstone Eevee 24 718 09-15-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Flora85
  Streets of Rage 4 Announced? The Everstone Eevee 5 185 08-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Aaronterasu Okami
  PSVR passes 3 Million Metallix 1 133 08-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Sonicfan059
  Final Fantasy XV Now At 7.7 Million Copies Sold; Fastest-Selling FF Metallix 2 158 08-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Sonicfan059