Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MetallixTeam Sonic Racing |OT|
Good to see it winning some awards! Gives confidence that it’ll be as good as their previous games.
Red Fox
[Image: The_Chaos_Emeralds.gif]
[Image: Master_Emerald_by_MysticalTemptress.gif]
Awards don't really mean much. But honestly I've never doubted that the game will be good. I was mostly just thinking that it might not be as good as Transformed. Which is admittedly a super hard act to follow.

Classic Sonic getting a slot would irk me, but the only way I'd overlook that is if it meant he was part of a SegaSonic Arcade team along with Mighty and Ray. But I'd much prefer other obscure-ish things like the Babylon Rogues instead.
(08-22-2018, 07:54 AM)Ludi Wrote: Awards don't really mean much. But honestly I've never doubted that the game will be good. I was mostly just thinking that it might not be as good as Transformed. Which is admittedly a super hard act to follow.

Classic Sonic getting a slot would irk me, but the only way I'd overlook that is if it meant he was part of a SegaSonic Arcade team along with Mighty and Ray. But I'd much prefer other obscure-ish things like the Babylon Rogues instead.

Yeah I'd prefer those over the SegaSonic Arcade team too. @RidersDX has a theory that it will be team Eggman as seen here: https://www.sonichq.net/article/Team-Son...Characters

And tbh I'd love a team Eggman!
[Image: sonichqsig.png]
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

(08-22-2018, 10:39 AM)Metallix Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 07:54 AM)Ludi Wrote: Awards don't really mean much. But honestly I've never doubted that the game will be good. I was mostly just thinking that it might not be as good as Transformed. Which is admittedly a super hard act to follow.

Yeah I'd prefer those over the SegaSonic Arcade team too. @RidersDX has a theory that it will be team Eggman as seen here: https://www.sonichq.net/article/Team-Son...Characters

And tbh I'd love a team Eggman!
I just have a hard time believing eggman won't be playable in this game. It'd feel wrong if they actually end up leaving him out.  Big Grin
Unless he’s like all the bosses or something.
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

Going by @RidersDX latest article Here we know a bit more about this game. I want to know what the Sonic 3 level is! Sky Sanctuary is Sonic & Knuckles though. Is it just for Sonic 3 or are they talking the complete game? If it’s just Sonic 3 I’d like to see Hydro City. 

Also @RidersDX the way you worded the split screen feature is confusing. It says you can play with two other players, does that mean three way split screen? If so it’s weird that they didn’t just go for four players.

Considering it was recently released in Sonic Mania Plus, maybe it’s Angel Island? Personally I’d love that as it’s my favorite green level from the classics. Angel Island > Emerald Hill > Green Hill
Red Fox
[Image: The_Chaos_Emeralds.gif]
[Image: Master_Emerald_by_MysticalTemptress.gif]
(08-25-2018, 06:41 AM)Metallix Wrote: Going by @RidersDX latest article Here we know a bit more about this game. I want to know what the Sonic 3 level is! Sky Sanctuary is Sonic & Knuckles though. Is it just for Sonic 3 or are they talking the complete game? If it’s just Sonic 3 I’d like to see Hydro City. 

Also @RidersDX the way you worded the split screen feature is confusing. It says you can play with two other players, does that mean three way split screen? If so it’s weird that they didn’t just go for four players.

They didn't specify in the video and to be honest, I feel like he wasn't even completely sure where the Ice Mountain level was from. The interviewer asked if it was from Sonic Advance and he said yes but then backtracked a little.  Undecided

I think it's three way in Adventure Mode cause you play as one of the teams, like Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles for example. But in other modes, I'm pretty sure it'll be four players.
SEGA recently had a showing of Team Sonic Racing at TGS, where they finally showed off some gameplay of the Market Street (aka Rooftop Run) track as well as more of Wisp Circuit. Unfortunately the person playing is godawful at the game, but you can at least get a good look at the course.

Oh and Dr. Eggman can be seen in the footage, and at an EGX panel earlier today, Metal Sonic was apparently shown to the audience.

Bonus: a slide from the aformentioned EGX panel showing more details on how the character types work.

[Image: lsgcQtA.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should there be a Sonic Adventure 3? Zamau 5 75 04-21-2019, 06:28 AM
Last Post: STP
  New Sonic 2 assets! Metallix 0 7 04-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Metallix
  Is Sonic Unleashed the last game with heart and soul? Metallix 2 45 04-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: DreamSaturn
  Mario & Sonic At The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Kurisu The Wolf 2 170 04-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Dr. Eggman
  Sonic story suggestions Meowkie 1 65 04-03-2019, 08:00 AM
  Fans are working to revive Sonic Runners Metallix 3 101 03-29-2019, 11:20 AM
  Sonic Advance > Sonic Mania? Metallix 4 175 03-20-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: MadmanRB
  Sonic Mania finaly got Denuvo DRM removed. Wingzzzzy 2 110 03-16-2019, 09:35 AM
  Played some Sonic games I haven't tried before Metallix 3 222 02-22-2019, 02:13 PM
  Sonic panel at SXSW 2019 announced! CrystalStorm51 3 226 02-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Lighthead