TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
-Blows Dust Off Of Account-
Topic Started: Jun 23 2018, 11:10:11 AM (214 Views)
Dregan
Member Avatar
The True Awsomifier
A-hey-heeeyyyy, guess who's back!
I-it's me. I'm back.
You've no idea who I am, have you?

Weeell I've been in and out of this particular community for the past 10-and-a-half years! That gives me an average ooof... 56 posts a year? O-oh. That's not very impressive.
Still, done my fair share of things in the forum in the past - took part in a couple of RP tournaments, made a few comics, did some sprite requests for the membership, all sorts of things.
A-are sprites and comics still an in thing? I hope so, because I still do those, and I'd hate to think I'm no longer one of the cool kids. I wear sunglasses indoors and everything, I'm super wicked cool guys I promise!

Either way, I've been feeling super nostalgic recently about some of the old communities I was once part of, and thought... well, it wouldn't hurt to see if any of 'em are still around. In truth, I was actually here again briefly a couple of years back and... wow it was super dead here then. Super duper dead, thought the place was on it's last legs honestly.
Still, checking in today, it looks like you guys are alive and kicking! Or at least, alive and lethargically waving your legs about, but close enough I say!
Thusly, well, I decided to hop on this old account, and hop back into the scene! So a-hey to all of ye who've joined in the past couple of years, and a-hey once again to all those who've held on for this long!
Feel free to check out my comic, Bar'd, right here;
Posted Image

My characters may be found here;
Dregan's Toyhou.se
Completed character profiles are;
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
JC | King Zeke | Maverick | Suave
Offline Mini Profile

founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Hey! I remember you, welcome back. We arenít super active but not dead either. Kinda in a limbo as Zetaboards has been acquired by Tapatalk and could be any time that we are switched to that platform.

So we either stay there on TT or start over from scratch on our own self hosted forum on Sonic HQs servers.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Online Mini Profile

Dregan
Member Avatar
The True Awsomifier
A-hey there! Well, you're certainly seeming more alive than you were doing last time I swung by. I think only two topics had been posted in in like... a 2-3 month period last time I swung by. Albeit that was... 2016?

And aaah, yeah, read about that before! Well, ideally it'll primarily be a host switch and mostly the platform will run the same? Shall just have to wait and see!
Posted Image

Dregan's Toyhou.se
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Thief]
Name certainly rings a bell. I may have seen you around when the RP Garden was more active. And yet I can't exactly place your face to anything in particular.

Yeah, the forum has been slowly puttering along for the last few years, populated by only the most dedicated of ghosts. Myself included - force of habit is a powerful thing. We've had a bit of a boost since the merger with Sonic HQ though. Not the hustle and bustle of old, but still a nice little community discussing things.

And no, I don't think spirting is as popular a hobby as it once was. Much less sprite comics. The times, they are a-changin'.

... oh. And welcome back, I suppose. Enjoy your stay.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. Became the Trio Master by default】
Offline Mini Profile

renowned antisepticeye
Member Avatar
Laughter is the best medicine....for death
hey there! welcome back. sadly, the name doesn't ring a bell, but we're glad to have you back nonetheless!
Posted Image
i am the air in your lungs and the blood in your veins. i am all the voices you hear, and i will never go away.
credit to painofbeingafinnishfangirl on tumblr for the gif
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Dregan
Jun 25 2018, 03:10:23 PM
A-hey there! Well, you're certainly seeming more alive than you were doing last time I swung by. I think only two topics had been posted in in like... a 2-3 month period last time I swung by. Albeit that was... 2016?

And aaah, yeah, read about that before! Well, ideally it'll primarily be a host switch and mostly the platform will run the same? Shall just have to wait and see!
The platform will be different for better or worse. Everything will still be intact but it will be a bit different. It has more modern features such as tagging and notifications. Itís more mobile centric.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

Dregan
Member Avatar
The True Awsomifier
@Ludichaos: Your own name definitely rings a bell - in fact, I think you may've had a BlazBlue icon all the way back then too. XD
I did notice the new shiny Sonic HQ stuff poking about. Made me unsure if I'd came back to the right site when I saw the top portion with the banner and such, albeit the rest of the forum is still looking very much the same!

@antisepticeye: I actually checked your username history just to see if we had perchance crossed paths at all. Unfortunately you've, uh, you've had a lot of names. XP
Still, thank you for the welcome!

@Metallix: Aaah, I see... I just hope it doesn't do what certain other platforms have done and starts to sacrifice usability of their standard interface/features to more heavily focus on that mobile market.
Posted Image

Dregan's Toyhou.se
Offline Mini Profile

admin Cy-Fox Unit 01Posted Image
Member Avatar
"For the love of Nelson"
Someone who joined slightly after me. In the Dark Ages of Windows 98 and dial-up o.o
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Live Free Sonic
Member Avatar
Chaos Emerald
Welcome back!! I may just piggyback off of your 'Hey its me I'm old and back' topic, since I don't know if I should make my own. Either way, I guess we're both back. xD

Nice to me ya... Again... *thumbs-up*

Posted Image
Sonic Blast Fated Kingdom Fanfic
Members/Chara Data-Base
Chapter 1: Otogi | Chapter 2: Claws, Rifle, and Wind Chain | Chapter 3: Crimson, Psychic, and Mage Chain | Chapter 4: Eclipse Blossom | Chapter 5: Death Chain | Chapter 6: Royal Blood | Chapter 7: Cold Chain | Chapter 8: Siege | Chapter 9: Memories of Old Kingdom | Chapter 10: Tactic, Purge, and the Fight | Chapter 11: Four Shadows | Chapter 12: Three Letters | Chapter 13: Two Sources
Sonic Blast Madness Fanfic
Chapter 1: Openly Close | Chapter 2: Kamelot Tol-e-maC | Chapter 3: Found Lost | Chapter 4: Reaper What You Soul | Chapter 5: Openly Reapers in Lost Tolemac | Chapter 6: Follow the Reaper | Chapter 7: Don't Follow the Reaper | Chapter 8: Fight Yourself, Die Yourself | Chapter 9: Masquerader Massacre | Chapter 10: THE Enemy | Chapter 11: Gulliver | Chapter 12: Finally, Unlimited Madness | Chapter 12: Finally, Loki's Madness(alternate ending)

I'm totes a guy~
Kota: I hereby dub thee, Swolverine~
Offline Mini Profile

admin HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
You wish you had hair like this~
Oh hey, I remember you. Yeah, we're still kicking it 'round here.
Offline Mini Profile

Ravenfreak
Member Avatar
Sonic and Raven! :3
Welcome back, it's been a while since I logged in too! Sucks about Zetaboards, I've been mainly lurking on the support forum. Hopefully you guys can find a way to scrap the forum data, and move to a different host. Tapatalk will suck, I've been there with one of my forums and ended up moving. Anyways, it's nice to see this place is still active. ^_^
RIP Mighty No. 9 Universe 2013-2015
Offline Mini Profile

Dregan
Member Avatar
The True Awsomifier
@Cy-Fox Unit 01: Oh! I remember your username actually! If I remember correctly, back in the day you had an almost... robo-cop-Tails-looking-character as your avatar?

@Live Free Sonic: Well, a 'welcome back' to yourself as well then. XD

@HollyYoshi: Oh hey! I was stuck thinking 'Wait who was HollyYoshi' for a while before I remembered to check Name History and realised you were Blaire. XD

@Ravenfreak: It does seem a handful of us have come back at the tipping point of the forum changing over. Whoops!
Posted Image

Dregan's Toyhou.se
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Dregan
Jul 8 2018, 01:59:26 PM
@Cy-Fox Unit 01: Oh! I remember your username actually! If I remember correctly, back in the day you had an almost... robo-cop-Tails-looking-character as your avatar?

@Live Free Sonic: Well, a 'welcome back' to yourself as well then. XD

@HollyYoshi: Oh hey! I was stuck thinking 'Wait who was HollyYoshi' for a while before I remembered to check Name History and realised you were Blaire. XD

@Ravenfreak: It does seem a handful of us have come back at the tipping point of the forum changing over. Whoops!
Eh donít worry. Whichever place we end up moving, itíll be an upgrade to what we have now.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 1 ϟ Member's Resort ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply