TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Team Sonic Racing |OT|
Topic Started: May 25 2018, 11:00:53 AM (723 Views)
founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Iím thinking itís most likely talking about the Racing game already teased but who knows?

https://www.sonichq.net/article/New-Sonic-game-teased

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Mini Profile

admin HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
You wish you had hair like this~
The racing game seems the most likely.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Red Devil]
Sonic Forces Ultra: It's actually good this time we swear.

But yeah it's gotta be the official announcement of Sonic Racing they're talking about. Curious to see what kind of game it is so that's fine by me.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. Became the Trio Master by default】
Offline Mini Profile

renowned RidersDX
Member Avatar
Don't tell me what I can or can't do!
Could it possibly be a second Mania? Just cause the picture is from Sonic Mania Adventures. It's probably the racing game but you never know.
Posted Image
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag | Sonic: Lost World | Watch Dogs | Batman: Arkham Origins
last.fm
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Ludichaos
May 26 2018, 06:32:23 AM
Sonic Forces Ultra: It's actually good this time we swear.

And here I thought you were above things like that. Tsk tsk.

And I can't remember where I saw it, but there was this interview where they stated they basically had no plans for a second Mania. And honestly, that's probably for the best. I would not want a sequel so soon after the original.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Red Devil]
Not at all, dohohoho. It was more poking fun at the last game announcement they made being Mania Plus though. I've still yet to play Forces myself. Waiting for it to drop in price just a bit more.

On a similar note: Considering Mania Plus isn't out yet it'd be nutty for them to announce a sequel right away. And honestly I'd hope they don't for a while yet. While the Mania team nailed the essence of what makes for a good Classic Sonic title I don't want it to become a yearly cash-cow type of series. It'd be nice to see them make an all new Classic title some time if they're not going to specifically make a sequel to Mania though. They've shown they have a pretty good grasp on what makes for interesting stage design so a full set of new Zones by them might be neat.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. Became the Trio Master by default】
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Ludichaos
May 26 2018, 10:57:22 PM
Not at all, dohohoho. It was more poking fun at the last game announcement they made being Mania Plus though. I've still yet to play Forces myself. Waiting for it to drop in price just a bit more.

On a similar note: Considering Mania Plus isn't out yet it'd be nutty for them to announce a sequel right away. And honestly I'd hope they don't for a while yet. While the Mania team nailed the essence of what makes for a good Classic Sonic title I don't want it to become a yearly cash-cow type of series. It'd be nice to see them make an all new Classic title some time if they're not going to specifically make a sequel to Mania though. They've shown they have a pretty good grasp on what makes for interesting stage design so a full set of new Zones by them might be neat.
Well... The Genesis ones were yearly and so were the Advance games. I don't see a problem with it if they could pump out quality. Thing is is Mania was almost all reused stuff. Even in the original zones they used gameplay elements from the old games. Could they pump out three in three years that felt fresh? Idk.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Ludichaos
May 26 2018, 10:57:22 PM

Ah. That's probably for the best, given that one of the game's issues is how damn short it is. Doesn't make it a bad game, hell I'm not ashamed to say I had fun with it. It's undeniably flawed, yes, but I'd be hard pressed to call it 'terrible'.

And yeah, I totally get you on them releasing games yearly. Hell, I wish mainline Sonic games in general would be given longer development times.
Offline Mini Profile

Meowkie
Member Avatar
Character Select
Posted Image
A teaser image has been posted, looks like some sort of vehicle to me
Offline Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Carnival Night Act 2
yeah i think its just going to be the racing game, but hey we knew about it for a bit now so it is good to see some teasing about it.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Game got leaked by Wal-Mart! Itís Team Sonic Racing!

https://www.sonichq.net/article/Walmart-leaks-Team-Sonic-Racing

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
And absolutely nobody was surprised, unless they had been living under a rock the past few months. :P

Gotta say though, I do like the little nod to Sonic R on the logo.
Offline Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Carnival Night Act 2
Yeah i like the shout out to sonic r myself, but yes no surprise as this has been rumored for a while now.

Still though it is interesting that the game will be conic characters only and with 15 slots its easy to make out who will be playable (and this is only a guess but it is probably going to be the lineup or very close to it):

Speed:
Sonic
Shadow
Metal Sonic
Silver
Blaze or Jet or maybe even Charmy

Technique:
Amy
Tails
Jet if not in speed/ or Wave or maybe Espio
Cream
Blaze if not in speed

Power:
The good doctor
Big the cat???????

Storm
Vector
E-123 Omega

Zavoc is also a possibility too
Edited by MadmanRB, May 30 2018, 07:46:39 AM.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Article was updated with their official press release. This is looking pretty awesome in my book

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

CrystalStorm51
Member Avatar
Character Select
I like what I have seen so far. I am definitely getting this game when it comes out.
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 1 ϟ Sonic Game Stadium ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: