TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
Spyro Trilogy Remaster; Leaked info?
Topic Started: Apr 5 2018, 06:24:31 AM (295 Views)
renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
So apparently there have been several leaked images for the Spyro Trilogy Remaster that has been rumored for quite some time.

Posted Image

Leaked images

Comparisons

As with anything on the internet take it with a grain of salt but I can't help but feel like this is legit, especially with the fact that it would make too much sense to remake the original Spyro trilogy after the success of the Crash N.Sane Trilogy.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Was just going to post this. Trailer leaked albeit in French. Platforms are PS4 and Xbox it seems. No PS exclusivity or Switch like Crash.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/825852/le-sublime-trailer-de-spyro-reignited-trilogy.htm
Posted Image
Edited by Metallix, Apr 5 2018, 06:39:41 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Mini Profile

admin The Eevee GamerPosted Image
Member Avatar
Well, There is always a possibility of a Switch version coming out at a later date.
Switch games do like to do that.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Itís possible although Spyro was always a much more of a technical marvel than Crash. They may need some time to rework it to not only run on Switch but fit size wise.

Itís a bit surprising because the rumors were 1 year exclusive for PS4. Also no PC version is surprising too.

That said Iím excited. I kinda always like Spyro better for all of the open levels and exploration even though these games are easy as heck.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
Not necessarily. The Switch really isn't that hard to program for and Spyro has been on Nintendo systems before so it would make sense for them to eventually make a Switch port. I'd definitely buy it cause I love portable platformers already on mine.

There's an official trailer out now. It looks so good man. I will gladly pick it up and play through them. They're easy but so much fun.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Yeah the graphics are pretty great. Although, unlike Crash, I would say that I do prefer the look of the original in some areas. They changed the color palette a lot in some of the areas, not that I really mind. Just like the Crash unveiling, they only showed off parts of the first game. Looking forward to seeing Ripto's Rage.

I only rented that one back in the day. The only one I beat was the first one and I recently bought Year of the Dragon off of PSN. Kinda want to play through that first just to see the old graphics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

admin The Eevee GamerPosted Image
Member Avatar

Yeap, Looks like Nintendo is holding stuff back again.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
From what I understand Toys of Bob(the company doing this remake) is also working on the Crash port for Switch so they didn't have the manpower to get all three done at the same time. That should be taken with a grain of salt though as it was just floating around the internet.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Aaronterasu Okami
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 1
Never owned a ps1 nor played the original 3 spyro games, my first time playing a spyro game was on the GameCube back in 2008 with spyro enter the the dragonfly, A hero's tail and then all 3 legend of spyro games.

I'm excited to play the first 3 games in remastered form, 2 years ago I put a ps1 emulator on my tablet and the first spyro but I didn't play much of it since I had other games I wanted to finish but nothing is going to pull me away from spyro this time.

Edited by Aaronterasu Okami, May 16 2018, 02:00:40 PM.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Youíre in for a treat. The series never recovered after Insomniac left quality wise. The original trilogy is the best.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Aaronterasu Okami
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 1
Fearless Echidna
May 15 2018, 10:21:17 AM
Youíre in for a treat. The series never recovered after Insomniac left quality wise. The original trilogy is the best.
I might end up in a tight spot being torn between the legend trilogy and original trilogy.

I really like the legend of spyro and the reason its good is because of Krome Studios the creators of the fun Ty the Tasmanian Tiger trilogy.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
They're both good games in their own right. I love both cause they both have different playstyles and tell their own stories.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Aaronterasu Okami
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 1
I gave ny Gamecube and Wii coppies of Spyro: A New Beginning & Dawn of the Dragon to my niece and recently rebought A New Beginning in digital form on xbox 360.
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 2 ϟ Video Game Academy ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply