TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Sonic Mania Adventures
Topic Started: Mar 30 2018, 02:09:33 PM (672 Views)
founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness

Pretty neat but way too short and I honestly expected some voice acting. It is pretty cool for what it is though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Mini Profile

admin The Eevee GamerPosted Image
Member Avatar
Why did you expect voice acting?
Isn't Classic Sonic a mute nowadays?
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
The Eevee Gamer
Mar 30 2018, 02:59:33 PM
Maybe in the games but not on any other media like cartoons/comics. I actually really hate the fact that Sega makes classic Sonic mute. Growing up with classic Sonic he always had a voice in the cartoons and the only reason the games didn’t was to leave the story upto interpretation and technical limitations but even CD had him exclaim “Yes!” during 1ups. I see it as nothing other than a cop out for them not being able to do it right.
Edited by Metallix, Mar 30 2018, 06:38:52 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

admin HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
You wish you had hair like this~
No, it's most likely to 'please' certain types of incredibly entitled 'fans' who would whine and bitch if the series isn't exactly to their liking.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
HollyYoshi
Mar 30 2018, 06:24:17 PM
No, it's most likely to 'please' certain types of incredibly entitled 'fans' who would whine and bitch if the series isn't exactly to their liking.
That's probably one reason for sure! I just can't stand it really. Sure in the Genesis games he did not talk but again that was due to technical limitations and so you could fill the gaps with your mind. I never ever got the impression that Sonic did not talk while playing the games.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

owner Lighthead Posted Image
Member Avatar
Character Select
A lot of old school cartoons like pink panther had no voice acting. I think no voice acting suits this style perfectly. You can tell a story easily without it.

Also voice acting = more money.
Sonic HQ
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Red Devil]
I don't recall hearing Sonic say "Yes!" in CD. I'm with Lighthead on this one: the visually expressive style of story telling reminds me of the way cutscenes were handled in the original games and removes a lot of the bloat that comes with having to voice everything. Works a treat for this mini series I think.

Overall a good first episode. Looking forward to seeing the rest.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. Became the Trio Master by default】
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I'm gonna have to echo Ludi's echo here. I wouldn't mind having voice acting, but I don't feel it's necessary for the type of storytelling these seem to be going for.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
HollyYoshi
Apr 1 2018, 09:11:19 AM
I'm gonna have to echo Ludi's echo here. I wouldn't mind having voice acting, but I don't feel it's necessary for the type of storytelling these seem to be going for.
In a short like this it’s fine, I agree, I was just expecting a bit more. With how short this is, by the time all six episodes release, it’ll be shorter than one episode of Sonic X. Also I was kinda venting my frustration on Sega doing everything to make classic Sonic a mute.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar

New episode just got uploaded, this time with Tails! ^_^
Offline Mini Profile

Macho The Chao
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
I'm really loving this series so far, the animation is so fluid and expressive.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
I like it a lot too I just wish it was made into a TV show... Make it longer because I want more!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Shyna
Member Avatar
Launch Base Act 2
The Eevee Gamer
Mar 30 2018, 02:59:33 PM

Ludichaos
Apr 1 2018, 05:27:48 AM
I don't recall hearing Sonic say "Yes!" in CD. I'm with Lighthead on this one: the visually expressive style of story telling reminds me of the way cutscenes were handled in the original games and removes a lot of the bloat that comes with having to voice everything.

"Classic Sonic" also actually spoke in the Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car, which was released on the same year Sonic 1 came out, so there's more proof for ya.

Posted Image

As for my opinions on this show, I hated it. This is not how I remember my Sonic. Even Classic Sonic from the Genesis Era wasn't like this, and I remember him being a lot more awesome! Please don't make it into a full show! Heck, I'd prefer Boom over this!

For the record, I do not hate "Classic Sonic" I just hate a lot of people's warped perceptions on him, and I hate it when they use him to try and treat progression of the series as a mistake.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Edited by Shyna, May 1 2018, 07:54:50 AM.
Be sure to check me out on Deviant Art to see some of my various drawings and artworks. http://hexidextrous.deviantart.com/

Also, I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.
Offline Mini Profile

Macho The Chao
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
@ Shyna

Yeah I'll admit one of the criticisms I have with the show is, that Sonic is missing a lot of his attitude,
which was what made Sonic who he is now.

I really loved how Tails was handled though.
Edited by Macho The Chao, May 1 2018, 09:56:53 AM.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned antisepticeye
Member Avatar
Laughter is the best medicine....for death
i really like these mini episodes! they're adorable and the animation is really nice. i'm glad tails showed up because his classic design is precious. :3
Posted Image
i am the air in your lungs and the blood in your veins. i am all the voices you hear, and i will never go away.
credit to painofbeingafinnishfangirl on tumblr for the gif
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 2 ϟ Sonic Multiverse ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: