TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Two big back to back anniversaries!; Forum/Site
Topic Started: Feb 27 2018, 11:16:19 AM (776 Views)
founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
April 8th this forum turns 12 years and still going in the age of social media. Quite a feat if you ask me.

But thatís not all! Our newly partnered site, Sonic HQ, turns 20 years on April 11th! Two decades it has been open and quite like our forum they have many achievements from years ago that are records.

So now youíre asking why am I pointing this out, well we need to celebrate these milestones! But we need ideas. How shall we celebrate? Should we look back at the past, should we do an interview, or simply acknowledge it with a simple shoutout? Letís brainstorm!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Online Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
I found some oldies digging around my old photobucket.

Hereís our first banner. When we started I went with the name Sonic Zone.
Posted Image

After two weeks I found our there was already a Sonic Zone forum and funny enough it was the biggest one out there! So I just lazily tacked on Act II to the name. Haha
Posted Image

Hereís what posting looked like with the different buttons. I was still having problems with the background image as seen.
Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 6E9C842A_0879_4AD6_B17E_B6CC11577B6D.jpeg (20.1 KB)
Attachments: 8033BE4E_EA40_44B2_A2FF_8FE25177C804.png (83.08 KB)
Attachments: FA663171_3351_4470_885C_0880E1864CC4.jpeg (18.2 KB)
Edited by Metallix, Feb 27 2018, 05:32:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
And here are a few interesting facts about the early days of Sonic HQ!

Sonic HQ - April 11, 1998
Sonic HQ moves to Emuzone - January 1, 1999
First 100,000-hit Sonic site - March 25, 1999
Zifei retires from SHQ - September 1, 1999
Andy sets up www.sonichq.org domain - April 11, 2000
Forum moves to EZBoard - June, 2000
Mega Man HQ opens - August 7, 2000
WB retires from SHQ - April 20, 2001
Game Index relaunched with new design - May 7, 2001
First 1,000,000-hit Sonic site - September 26, 2001

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

owner Lighthead Posted Image
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 1
By golly, 20 years, need to figure out something. I'm open to ideas!
Sonic HQ
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
[twitter=IanFlynnBKC/status/970082634750676993]

Ian Flynn said do Knuckles Adventure 2. :D We'd have to create an "evil" version of Knuckles as his Shadow equivalent. lol
Edited by Metallix, Mar 3 2018, 05:35:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

owner Lighthead Posted Image
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 1
Oh boy, gauntlet thrown.

Anyone here talented enough to top this? http://archive.sonichq.net/fanfair/edited/misc/knucklesadv/knucklesadv.htm lol
Sonic HQ
Offline Mini Profile

Macho The Chao
Member Avatar
Hydrocity Act 1
Quote:

Ian Flynn said do Knuckles Adventure 2. :D We'd have to create an "evil" version of Knuckles as his Shadow equivalent. lol

I was gonna just draw a cake this anniversary (I still might), but this was idea too good to pass up.
So I made a sketch of Knuckles and "Shadow", in a gliding pose.

It's still a work in progress.
Posted Image

The gliders are a new headcannon,
I have a version without gliders if you prefer.

Feel free to offer suggestions on the design.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
So this is just a quick draft that I threw together... lol

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: draft.jpg (198.68 KB)
Edited by Metallix, Mar 9 2018, 09:28:23 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

Macho The Chao
Member Avatar
Hydrocity Act 1
Birthday cake incoming!

Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned toco
Member Avatar
A terrible mistake.
Oh! I noticed you guys had a site now but I didn't realize it was around for that long! Odd that I never heard of it, I was scrounging around for any Sonic site I could find as a kidÖ I'm excited to be back in time for this!

Also I am in full support of Knuckles Adventure 2. (I nearly lost my shit at 6AM from that coveró)
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Tammy
Mar 7 2018, 03:10:33 AM
Oh! I noticed you guys had a site now but I didn't realize it was around for that long! Odd that I never heard of it, I was scrounging around for any Sonic site I could find as a kidÖ I'm excited to be back in time for this!

Also I am in full support of Knuckles Adventure 2. (I nearly lost my shit at 6AM from that coveró)
Hahaha! You never heard of Sonic HQ? Man when I started this forum it was THE Sonic site. Lol Itís still pretty awesome it just isnít the biggest one around anymore. In the year 2000 they did the Knuckles Adventure page for April Fools and fooled a lot of people!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned toco
Member Avatar
A terrible mistake.
Fearless Echidna
Mar 7 2018, 05:52:54 AM
Hahaha! You never heard of Sonic HQ? Man when I started this forum it was THE Sonic site. Lol Itís still pretty awesome it just isnít the biggest one around anymore. In the year 2000 they did the Knuckles Adventure page for April Fools and fooled a lot of people!
Two sites I spent the most time on around the early 2000s were Sonic Style and Sonic Wrecks, neither of which seem to be around anymore unfortunately. (I checked and Wrecks seems to have a twitter, but it hasn't updated in a few months) Still pretty amazed that HQ flew under my radar tho. Seems pretty baller to me.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Tammy
Mar 7 2018, 06:11:45 AM
Fearless Echidna
Mar 7 2018, 05:52:54 AM
Two sites I spent the most time on around the early 2000s were Sonic Style and Sonic Wrecks, neither of which seem to be around anymore unfortunately. (I checked and Wrecks seems to have a twitter, but it hasn't updated in a few months) Still pretty amazed that HQ flew under my radar tho. Seems pretty baller to me.
Oh man I remember Wrecks! It was pretty cool too. Yeah a LOT of dedicated Sonic sites have closed or are just dead. :( Sonic Forums are nearly all but gone, I remember when every week a new one would be created.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned toco
Member Avatar
A terrible mistake.
Fearless Echidna
Mar 7 2018, 06:25:48 AM
Oh man I remember Wrecks! It was pretty cool too. Yeah a LOT of dedicated Sonic sites have closed or are just dead. :( Sonic Forums are nearly all but gone, I remember when every week a new one would be created.
I remember when I was trying to set up a forum or two. None of them ever really got off the ground of course, partly because I was a kid. But yeah, forums in general have sort of fallen out of favor ever since social media got huge, but really there's still something to be said for these kinds of communities. Smaller, closer-knit, yet open and responsibly moderated. I miss it, although it's been difficult for me to keep myself involved.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Fearless Echidna
Mar 5 2018, 01:28:32 PM
So this is just a quick draft that I threw together... lol

Posted Image
Okay I have finished it. No longer in draft stage. Considering I had to repurpose the logo(wouldn't make sense with hedgehogs) and create a whole new Shadow equivalent, I'm pretty happy with it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 1 ϟ Chatter Central ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: