TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Chemical Plant Act 2 Time Attack!
Topic Started: Feb 15 2018, 09:04:21 AM (760 Views)
founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Starting this weekend we will be setting up a new speedrun contest for Sonic Mania! This time we will be competing in Chemical Plant Act 2 to see who is the fastest at Sonic HQ! Remember to upload screenshots for proof!
Edited by Metallix, Feb 15 2018, 09:06:17 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Online Mini Profile

SCS
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
This sounds really fun! Is this a team-based competition or just an individual one? Like would we all just post in this thread with screenshots to show how quickly we beat the level?

I'd love to participate but I'm not sure if I'll be able to since I'll be going on vacation starting this weekend and won't have access to game consoles or my computer for awhile. Best of luck to all who enter though!
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
This one is individual based and yes everyone would post screenshots here. Havenít done a team competition yet. This is going for a whole week though, donít know if thatís long enough for you. It may get extended if not enough people participate at first.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
Well there's a reason for doing more time attacks. Surprised we are skipping right to CPZ Act 2 right away but I can dig it. That's gonna be a challenging one to get good times on but I think it will be interesting to see how everyone takes it on.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Yeah mainly because I was doing Act 1 and had that spot with moving platforms where the water rises and I HATE that part. Haha also I figured skipping around would keep it fresh. This one is indeed hard to get a good time imo. Much harder than GHZ1 for sure. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
Yeah it's gonna take some practice to get the middle parts down for sure. I just did a really quick crash course to see how I do without looking up any tips or tricks and got it at 2'08"65 so I have some practice to do to get it down further. Gotta mainly learn more optimal routes and the few skips cause I've seen some areas that you can clip through but not sure how to go about it exactly.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Well thatís a heck of a lot better than my first try! I got it way down though. The top leaderboard position is 1:28 though!! :o

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
Yeah I watched a playthrough of some of those really low runs. They definitely have more control in certain places that I still need to practice at. Especially later in the level where there is a small skip using one of the pipes that you can bounce up to and "clip" through the walls. It's pretty intense watching speedrunners do their thing.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Seriously? I didnít know they had to cheat to achieve those times. Wonder what the fastest time is possible without glitching.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Well it may just be us competing. I extended it to next weekend but if no one else joins I expect you to be the winner again. :D No way I'll be close.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

The Forever Vulpix
Member Avatar
Too Hot to Handle
Yeap, Have fun winning by default.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
I will say though I did beat the initial time he posted but that was his first try and I definitely don't have a ton of time to practice.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

admin HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
You wish you had hair like this~
Spoiler: click to toggle

Tried to get under the two minute mark, but I could never manage to shave off those last couple seconds.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
I'll post my time tomorrow. I can say though that I didn't beat yours. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
Spoiler: click to toggle

Finally got my time in. Hope it's not too late. I got it just under 2 minutes. Probably could do better with more time and practice but this level is insanely hard at certain points and I can't reliably access the speedrunners route which only shaves off like 5 seconds or so.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 1 ϟ HQ Arena ☠ ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: