TwitterTwitterYouTube
Add Reply
Spyro Trilogy supposedly coming this year!
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 10:02 AM (76 Views)
founder Fearless Echidna Posted Image
Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
Quote:

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/13/spyro-trilogy-remaster-coming-to-ps4-this-year

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

SCS
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
That's really cool. Spyro is a game series I've been meaning to play, but sadly never got around to playing. I remember people telling me that it's similar in some ways to one of my favorite game series of all time, that was also the first game series I ever played: Croc.

@Fearless Echidna or anyone who has played Spyro: do you think it'd be best to play the old/original games first, or just jump in and try the remasters when they come out?
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
I always say the old games should be played and in this case the graphics aren’t terrible like many early 3D games. However if it is coming this year, playing the originals so soon may make the remakes much less exciting. It is, after all, an exact remake so only the graphics will be better.

That said I loved the Spyro games. Much different than Crash Bandicoot.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

admin Prince Flash SentryPosted Image
Member Avatar
And the fandom did rage
Shame its not The Legends of Spyro being remade, Those were far better games.
Apart from the last one being a complete ripoff of Lord of the Rings.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
Never played them but the general consensus is they weren’t as good after Insomniac left. I have heard people say the legend games were good but never better than the originals.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · ⌜★ Act II » Video Game Academy ⌟ · Next Topic »
Add Reply