TwitterTwitterYouTube
Add Reply
Sonic CD returns to Android
Topic Started: Feb 7 2018, 05:08 PM (72 Views)
MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Marble Garden Act 2
So good news, after some absence those monkey brained morons of sega have updated sonic CD to the google play store.
Its still the Chris Whitehead version which is very good and is both ad supported and availible to buy.

So good on you sega for once you did something good.
I will give you say 9 seconds to mess up again but hey this is something
Offline Mini Profile

founder Fearless Echidna Posted Image
Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
What? When was it taken off? How long was it off? I wasnt aware of this...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Marble Garden Act 2
It was off for almost a year, I am unsure why.
Offline Mini Profile

SCS
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
Hmm, that's odd if Sonic CD was taken down from the Google Play store for so long. This is just speculation until if/when I find more information on this, but I wonder if this issue is in any way related to the recent concerning findings by security company Pradeo:

http://blog.pradeo.com/sega-apps-data-leakage

If there had been similar issues with the CD app, I wonder if that had been identified and resulted in them pulling it. But if that was the case, you think they would have investigated / pulled other apps sooner if needed.

I think Pradeo's findings are very concerning, but to avoid going off-topic I won't talk in-depth on that here. Regardless of whether or not Sonic CD's pull was related to this in any way - as long as that app is totally clean/free of any of the aforementioned issues - I'm really glad it's back. I've already played Taxman's Sonic CD on Xbox though - I've really been wanting to check out his mobile version of Sonic 2.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · ⌜★ Act I Sonic Game Stadium ⌟ · Next Topic »
Add Reply