TwitterTwitterYouTube
Add Reply
  • Pages:
"Exlcusive first look of what comes next" to be revealed at SXSW
Topic Started: Jan 23 2018, 03:52 PM (419 Views)
Meowkie
Member Avatar
Character Select
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/events/PP99104
Sonic returns once again at SXSW, this time he brought our usual friends Aaron Webber and Takishi Iizuka, as well as for the first time, the one and only Tyson Hesse!
This panel will reflect on the past, such as Forces and Mania but the most interesting thing to note is " the world-exclusive first look at what comes next for the fastest blue hedgehog"
This conference shall be held on March 16th and will be on through 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Offline Mini Profile

founder Fearless Echidna Posted Image
Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
Wow that was fast! Thanks for posting! *please be good please be good*

Honestly a refined engine and more time could make a great game without changing things up.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

admin Prince Flash SentryPosted Image
Member Avatar
And the fandom did rage
Here's hoping its not just another mobile game.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
^ don’t give them ideas. Lol Forces across all three platforms most likely recouped all of their budget so hopefully it’s not just mobile.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Marble Garden Act 2
Please be Sonic Mania 2 :D
Offline Mini Profile

admin LightheadPosted Image
Member Avatar
Character Select
If there is a mobile game announcement, I wouldn't mind a chao game. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done yet.
Sonic HQ
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Just Here to Fight]
I ain't getting my hopes up. But I sincerely hope whatever it is will take the time to make sure it's fully baked this time.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. Became the Trio Master by default】
Offline Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Marble Garden Act 2
They should just re release old games on current consoles and PC's

Or appeal to the growing PC market and have a service like stream for sega games or release games like sonic heroes and colors on PC (seriously you could probably play older sega games without emulation now on PC without needing expensive hardware)

Or improve that sega app on mobile nobody likes

But thats good ideas
Edited by MadmanRB, Jan 24 2018, 09:25 PM.
Offline Mini Profile

CrystalStorm51
Member Avatar
Character Select
MadmanRB
Jan 24 2018, 01:14 PM
This. I didn't think Mania 1 was the best thing since sliced bread, but it was still a fun game. I would like to see all completely new zones added as well as new shields.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
CrystalStorm51
Feb 1 2018, 02:08 PM
MadmanRB
Jan 24 2018, 01:14 PM
This. I didn't think Mania 1 was the best thing since sliced bread, but it was still a fun game. I would like to see all completely new zones added as well as new shields.
Yeah Mania was great but played it pretty safe with all the same levels. Also pretty much keeps my the S3&K gameplay to a T. I think if they continued 2D Sonic on Saturn there would have been way more differences and more advanced spritework. Mania kept that 16 bit style but Saturn would probably have made it much more advanced looking.
Edited by Fearless Echidna, Feb 1 2018, 03:32 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Marble Garden Act 2
Any other predictions?
Me the only other news I want to hear is sega will finally confess they have no idea what the hell they are doing and will let other companies have the sonic licence or something.
Sega really needs to stop being a bunch of morons, lets just say after forces I have been extra hard on sega but I dont think anyone will blame me.
The handling of forces was god awful
Edited by MadmanRB, Feb 6 2018, 11:13 AM.
Offline Mini Profile

CrystalStorm51
Member Avatar
Character Select
Say, about the Sonic movie, apparently, on Twitter, this was said about when the movie is filming.

https://image.ibb.co/d5ZBAc/Sonic_Movie_News.png

If this is true, I don't think we'll see a trailer for the movie at SXSW. What do you guys think?

Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
Nah, probably not a trailer. It just switched studios from Sony to Paramount. It's kinda in development hell right now.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

SCS
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
Lighthead
Jan 24 2018, 07:07 PM
If there is a mobile game announcement, I wouldn't mind a chao game. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done yet.
Yeah, I'm also surprised that they haven't released a Mobile Chao garden app. It seems like the kind of thing that could work well as a standalone app, and it's a long-beloved aspect of the Sonic franchise.

That being said, I would far rather just see a new and improved implementation of the Chao feature/garden/mechanics/etc in a new main series Sonic game. I want that so much.

But, I digress: I'm really excited to see the Sonic panel at SXSW. I really hope they're gonna announce a new 3D Sonic game. :)
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
Yeah I really hope for a new 3D game. All they need is to build off of what they’ve worked on rather than reinventing the wheel every single time. I have a feeling they’ll do something safe like Generations 2.

I’d also like a Mania 2

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ⌜★ Act I » Sonic Game Stadium ⌟ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: