TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
Monster Hunter World PS4 Beta Details
Topic Started: Dec 6 2017, 02:33 AM (256 Views)
admin The Eevee GamerPosted Image
Member Avatar
Monster Hunter World is one of the first major releases of 2018, arriving for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at the end of January (with a PC release following later). However, PS4 players won't have to wait until then for a chance to try the game. As Capcom announced during Sony's Paris Game Week conference, a Monster Hunter World PS4 beta will take place this weekend, and now the publisher has shared exactly when it will begin and what it entails.

The beta kicks off this Saturday, December 9, at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM GMT and runs until the same time on Tuesday, December 12. As is typically the case, you'll need a PS Plus subscription in order to participate in the beta, as well as 5.9 GB of space available on your console to download it.

The beta features three quests across two environments: the Ancient Forest and Wildspire Waste. In the Ancient Forest, players will be able to hunt the Great Jagras and the Anjanath, while Wildspire Waste is home to the rock-headed Barroth.

Each quest can be completed either solo or with up to three other players. You'll also be able to choose from all 14 different weapon types, which you can test out in the Training Room. Additionally, Capcom says players who complete each mission in the beta will earn "some useful bonus items" in the full title when it releases next month.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Kitm
Member Avatar
[Kasha, Farmhand]
Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend. It'll be nice to finally get a feel for it. Can't wait to start BowGunning again, it's been a while.
Could anyone who had never seen stars possibly imagine what infinity is, when, most likely,
The very concept of infinity first appeared among humans inspired, once upon a time, by the nocturnal vault of the heavens?
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Couple of more little details to add.
Preloading for the Beta starts at around midnight on Friday, All quest are online only including the single player ones and while not confirmed it is possible that other large monsters will appear in the quests in addition to the target monster.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
Seems interesting. I will probably mess around with it for a bit as a short break from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
So early impressions, F**king amazing.

Great Jagras and the Anjanath both appear in each others quest as does Rathalos, While that muddy version of Plesioth can be encountered when you fight Barroth, I've been told Diablos shows up too but I haven't encountered him yet.
Play around with a few of the weapons and they pretty much play as you would expect, The SnS now has a charge attack that can be chained from a back hop which if hits will let you jump into the air, The Lance has a slightly easier counter mechanic but its slower to pull off.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Kitm
Member Avatar
[Kasha, Farmhand]
There's plenty of other weapon changes as well, Dual Swords' new Demon Mode is vastly different from the old one.Played the crap out of it today with my brothers, finally managed to down Diablos with a minute and a half to spare. Failed the quest, but it was totally worth it.

This is shaping up to be a phenomenal title, everything I wanted out of a console release for Monster Hunter. January 26th can't come soon enough.
Could anyone who had never seen stars possibly imagine what infinity is, when, most likely,
The very concept of infinity first appeared among humans inspired, once upon a time, by the nocturnal vault of the heavens?
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Justice Buster]
I had a quick look myself a little while ago. Just ran through a mission with the Switch Axe since that's what I'm familiar with from Tri and they changed up Sword Mode quite a bit. It feels a lot more mobile and has some really slick looking animations now, and nothing quite beats leaping onto a monster and delivering an elemental charge right to the face. I didn't really have much time to mess around with the rest, but the Insect Glaive also seems more fun compared to my initial impressions from MH4. It feels more mobile than ever and I feel the new control scheme makes the Kinsect a lot easier to work with. Two contenders for my main weapons right there.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the music and generally more "western" feel of the game so far, and I kind of find monster tracking to be an added layer of annoyance while on a quest. But over all the impression is a pretty good one. I wouldn't mind playing it some more during the full release.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. Became the Trio Master by default】
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
For those who missed the Beta, a second one has been announced for December 22nd to 26th .... Yes, During Christmas.
Preloads will be up on the 18th, will contain the exact same content as the first Beta and those that still have the Beta on there system can just use that one to jump back on.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Started playing the second Beta and have spotted some new monsters.
Pukei-Pukei appears during the first quest and Kulu-Ya-Ku appears during the second quest.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Capcom has announced today that Monster Hunter World will host a third round of beta testing, just before the game officially releases later this month.
The next Monster Hunter World beta, like the previous two, is PS4-exclusive. This final beta round takes place January 19-22.
The upcoming beta will keep the hunts seen in the previous two for Jagras, Anjanath and Barroth, and also add a new quest to hunt the Nergigante.
Offline Mini Profile

founder Fearless Echidna Posted Image
Member Avatar
Master Emerald Guardian
I’ll try to make time for it. They’re really pushing this title and being the big January release I can see it being huge!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Online Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Final Beta is well underway and by hell that Nergigante quest is a tough one.
I mean, The monster itself isn't hard once you learn how to dodge his 1HKO attacks but the equipment you are given to fight him with is well under leveled and you only get 15 minutes to complete the quest in.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Kitm
Member Avatar
[Kasha, Farmhand]
Managed to beat him a few minutes ago. I feel massively triumphant after that.
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 2 ϟ Video Game Academy ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply