TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
  • Pages:
IDW Comics |OT|; New info!
Topic Started: Jul 21 2017, 04:45:12 PM (3,457 Views)
founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
I honestly thought more people would be excited for this! Anyway we have new details up on our site! Ian Flynn is returning to write the new comics and April 4th, 2018 is the date of the first issue!

Ian Flynn

"I've been a SEGA kid for life, and Sonic has been my career for over a decade," said Flynn. "I'm overjoyed to keep running with the little blue hedgehog, and especially excited to be expanding my relationship with IDW at the same time. I can't wait to show you what I'm made of as we reach for the stars and explore the endless possibilities!"

http://www.sonichq.net/article/Ian-Flynn-returns-to-write-for-IDW-Sonic-comic

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Mini Profile

owner Lighthead Posted Image
Member Avatar
Character Select
Looks like we'll have more info later this week according to Ian's tweet. Cover? More artist news? Plotlines?
Sonic HQ
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Lighthead
Oct 8 2017, 11:10:04 AM
Looks like we'll have more info later this week according to Ian's tweet. Cover? More artist news? Plotlines?
Iíd really like to see some covers! Ian liked my tweet to him. Hehe I know it wonít happen but Iíd like to see the Archie characters in these comics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Meowkie
Member Avatar
Character Select
https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/938880852766867456
Well, this is certainly interesting! I assume it's for this mostly because I would love to see my artists friends get jobs working on Sonic but I assume Sega isn't going to let them touch the games unless your name is Tyson Hesse(What can I say, the guy earned it.)
Offline Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Carnival Night Act 2
Doesnt look good for those of us who wanted IDW to take on the SatAM characters.

I have my shovel prepared.
Offline Mini Profile

Meowkie
Member Avatar
Character Select
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1684053277
A paperback book, presumably containing the first four issues has been found on Amazon, coming on September 18, 2018 and with a price of $15.99, here's the description
Quote:

Join the Blue Blur for brand-new adventures as he and his friends race around the world to defeat the evil Dr. Eggman's robotic forces!

The evil genius Dr. Eggman has been foiled--but the work of Sonic the Hedgehog isn't over yet! In the aftermath of the latest epic battle, rogue robots continue to attack small villages around the world. In order to succeed, Sonic will need the help of his friends Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, along with some new and surprising allies. This new collection from acclaimed writer Ian Flynn features the blue blur like you've never seen him before. Gotta go fast!
:
Nothing really we wouldn't know but I guess it shows the new characters for the comics are going be in there since issue one.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Well what does everyone think with some older writers returning? I'm sure they won't have mobius anymore but maybe they'll create a similar world/setting for these comics?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Meowkie
Member Avatar
Character Select
Posted Image
They seem to be teasing a new character, doens't look like anyone we know from before.
Offline Mini Profile

owner Lighthead Posted Image
Member Avatar
Character Select
http://www.sonichq.net/article/IDW-Sonic-solicits-and-new-character-Tangle-revealed

If you're rooting for the Freedom Fighters, not looking good but still who knows. They probably want to leave that door open in the future.
Sonic HQ
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Heh, pretty cool! Iím okay with no freedom fighters if itís set in a similar world. Looking like it is. I canít wait to see their depiction of Eggman. I hope heís fat and evil like in Archie. Haha

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

MadmanRB
Member Avatar
Carnival Night Act 2
No fudge this, the freedom fighters have plenty of fans still.
I know Sega has no respect for them as they are not generic lame character #9746 who has telekinetic powers, is silver and from the future.
Not to mention generic lame character #8900 a evil black version of sonic who rides a bike and carries a gun and has a crap game named after him.
Then there is lame generic character #7906 a rabbit who can fly with their ears.
Or lame generic character #5009 a big fat cat who fishes things.

Want to know why the freedom fighters have fans, they actually had personalities both inside and outside of the comics.

fudge YOU SEGA.
Edited by MadmanRB, Feb 5 2018, 01:47:16 AM.
Offline Mini Profile

SCS
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 2
I'm really excited for the new comic series, especially since, so far, it's looking like it'll borrow much more heavily from storylines and characters used in the games. I also think the new character Tangle looks awesome - I can't wait to see what she's like, and hopefully they'll end up putting her in the games at some point as well.

I'm hoping to see many different story arcs in the comics that deepen and broaden the stories told in the games, as well as completely original story arcs unrelated to the games. I feel like this would be the best way to expand on the lore of Sonic's world: we could get comics deepening game lore, developing lore in between games, and just deepening the lore in general by telling stories set in Sonic's world that don't directly relate to any of the games.

I also really hope to see characters have a chance to shine that are sadly not used anywhere near often enough in the games, such as Cream & Cheese the Chao, Blaze, Marine, Jet, Wave, Storm, Big the Cat, Sticks (even though she's technically Boom, I think she fits in great with the main Sonic cast), and Eggman Nega.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Iím loving the design of issue #5! ďThe Fate of Dr. Eggman,Ē Part 1. After his last battle with Sonic, Dr. Eggmanís gone quiet. His Badnik forces are still causing trouble, but without the bad doctorís usual fanfare. Whatís Eggman been doing all this time? And what will happen to Sonic when he finds out?

https://www.sonichq.net/comics/idw/sonicthehedgehog/5

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: F4783250_86F9_464E_A6E5_8B405E59C1E7.jpeg (25.4 KB)
Edited by Metallix, Feb 24 2018, 11:36:52 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Iím actually really pumped about the comics. For the first time in ever I think I will buy them!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Looks like IDW will have the Two Worlds Cannon! Meaning the human world like in the Adventure games and Sonicís world. https://www.sonichq.net/article/IDW-Sonic-Comics-Will-Have-The-Two-Worlds-Canon

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 2 ϟ Sonic Multiverse ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: