~Welcome to the Sonic Blast Community Forum~
Hello Sonic fans! Since we opened in 2006 our aspiration has been to offer the most authentic Sonic-themed community on the web for Sonic enthusiasts new and old. We do our best to provide unique features, unique Sonic-themed designs, and offer compelling topics of discussion with people you can call family. Our community is full of friendly people who love to help out. We would be honored if you decided to join our forum. Being a part of our community is easy, quick, and absolutely free.

[Click here to register your free citizenship!]
If you're already a citizen please log in to chat in our kingdom and access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Horizon Zero Dawn; Robot Dinosaurs
Topic Started: Mar 16 2017, 07:24 AM (139 Views)
overlord Neo MetallixPosted Image
Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
Anyone here get this game? I got it and I'm hooked. I gotta say I was wary about this game at first. Mainly because it was a developer who only has a history in linear FPS games and never really told a decent story. Once the reviews came out and it was universally praised I decided to get it. It's a very unique and fascinating game! The story is engrossing and combat is fantastic. I don't think you have to even mention how good the visuals are because everyone knows it is the best looking console game to date or at least open world but I think it surpasses even Uncharted. In 4K HDR it is stunning! There is so much attention to detail too like ants crawling up trees and lots of stuff you probably wouldn't notice.

Also it seems to have sold 2.6M in its first two weeks. Pretty impressive for a new IP. http://gematsu.com/2017/03/horizon-zero-dawn-worldwide-sales-top-2-6-million

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Puncture the Porcupine, my fancharacter!
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Boops for days
Yeah this actually looks really good. I'm planning on borrowing it from a friend once he finishes with it cause I don't really have the money for it at the moment and I've got Breath of the Wild to keep me occupied until then. I've watched him play it though and it definitely is gorgeous to just look at and the battles are always epic and crazy. He's pretty late in the game and was fighting around like 15-20 different enemies at once (a bunch of humans and several Ravagers, a bunch of bird mechs and those weird crab looking things) which was awesome to watch cause of how much was going on all at once.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
KogaHarine
Mar 16 2017, 09:37 AM
Yeah this actually looks really good. I'm planning on borrowing it from a friend once he finishes with it cause I don't really have the money for it at the moment and I've got Breath of the Wild to keep me occupied until then. I've watched him play it though and it definitely is gorgeous to just look at and the battles are always epic and crazy. He's pretty late in the game and was fighting around like 15-20 different enemies at once (a bunch of humans and several Ravagers, a bunch of bird mechs and those weird crab looking things) which was awesome to watch cause of how much was going on all at once.
Yeah I hear ya. There are tons of games all crammed and I can't get them all or have time for them. I beat Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 but not NiOh and I still need to get Resident Evil and beat Horizon. There are so many releasing soon so I have to pick and choose. I'm going to go with Persona 5 for sure though. I'm taking my time with this game though to take it all in. It's fantastic and I'm gonna say my favorite PS4 game so far and I'm not really a fan of open world games in general.

I see a lot of people comparing it to Zelda but other than being open world they are completely different. They're both excellent and both unique in their own way.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Boops for days
I can kinda see where people are coming from with the comparisons between this and Zelda since they both utilize bows as a main tool and a lot of the mechanics are similar. Personally I feel that Zelda has the edge just by having more freedom of movement. Also helps that the name alone will carry most Zelda titles since a lot of fans (myself included) are in it for the lore and theory speculations. Overall though they are both great titles and they both are gorgeous to behold (Horizon has the more realistic approach that looks and feels lifelike, whereas Zelda has a more stylistic approach that is more artistic in nature. They both do really well at make you awestruck by their beauty and depth which is great).

The only real reason there is a lot of comparisons between the two is because they came out so close to each other and while Horizon has sold more copies, that doesn't necessarily mean anything yet since a lot of people are waiting to pick up Zelda once they can get their hands on a Switch. Horizon just has an easier time selling because there are already millions of PS4s out there for people to play it on and whether you have the regular or Pro console it still will look and play great regardless. Zelda will most likely sell over time as more people pick up the Switch, especially closer to the holidays (personally I plan on getting it again on the Switch because I know I will play it again regardless, but for now I am content with the Wii U version. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard though and we haven't really seen any sales numbers yet for Zelda so there's not really any way to tell how much it has really sold).
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
I'm sure Zelda has an edge in gameplay but this is a situation where they're both so good and different that it doesn't matter which has an edge. As far as sells, yeah Zelda is crippled by a lack of install base but should have long legs. I think Horizon is going to have legs too especially if this has bundles like Uncharted did. I can see it doing Last of Is numbers.

But yeah the story is keeping me glued and that was my biggest concern about the game before I read the reviews and started it myself.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Boops for days
So I finally got to start this last night. Borrowing it from a friend since he platinumed it a while back and so far I am loving it. The graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is solid. Sniping Watchers is so much fun and the skill trees so far have been very easy to get into and have made things a lot easier. I'm currently in the process of leaving the first area but so far the world feels vibrant and alive but also quite large. Luckily it is fairly easy to traverse and there's plenty of creatures to stalk and scavenge from along the way. Can't wait to go home and start it up again cause it is breathtaking and fun to explore. ^_^
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
KogaHarine
May 17 2017, 06:28 AM
So I finally got to start this last night. Borrowing it from a friend since he platinumed it a while back and so far I am loving it. The graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is solid. Sniping Watchers is so much fun and the skill trees so far have been very easy to get into and have made things a lot easier. I'm currently in the process of leaving the first area but so far the world feels vibrant and alive but also quite large. Luckily it is fairly easy to traverse and there's plenty of creatures to stalk and scavenge from along the way. Can't wait to go home and start it up again cause it is breathtaking and fun to explore. ^_^
I'm still playing through it. Gave Persona a break and came back to this. It's freaking amazing in 4K and HDR. But as far as gameplay goes it's pretty good! I'm kinda stuck on this side mission right now, so hard. But also I don't have much time to play with school and work. D: The story is very intriguing also.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Boops for days
I feel ya on that one. I've been trying to delve into it more but I haven't gotten too far cause the gf is very needy and requires constant attention causing me to not be able to play much. Which is why I decided to borrow a friends Xbox One so she can play games that she will want to play so I can focus on playing Horizon. Got a little farther last night and got the override ability which has made it a blast to run around now. I'm now especially focusing on getting the override skill tree filled out asap so I can make things a lot easier down the road.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
KogaHarine
May 18 2017, 06:50 AM
I feel ya on that one. I've been trying to delve into it more but I haven't gotten too far cause the gf is very needy and requires constant attention causing me to not be able to play much. Which is why I decided to borrow a friends Xbox One so she can play games that she will want to play so I can focus on playing Horizon. Got a little farther last night and got the override ability which has made it a blast to run around now. I'm now especially focusing on getting the override skill tree filled out asap so I can make things a lot easier down the road.
Yeah loved that ability. I got upgraded it to override more, not sure if it'll eventually be able to override everything or not.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Boops for days
From what I understand you have to get farther into the story to be able to override more machines. It has something to do with certain story locations though I haven't got that far and am going off what I saw when my friend was playing it.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · -=Act II=- Video Game Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply