~Welcome to the Sonic Blast Community Forum~
Hello Sonic fans! Since we opened in 2006 our aspiration has been to offer the most authentic Sonic-themed community on the web for Sonic enthusiasts new and old. We do our best to provide unique features, unique Sonic-themed designs, and offer compelling topics of discussion with people you can call family. Our community is full of friendly people who love to help out. We would be honored if you decided to join our forum. Being a part of our community is easy, quick, and absolutely free.

[Click here to register your free citizenship!]
If you're already a citizen please log in to chat in our kingdom and access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
An odd request
Topic Started: Oct 19 2016, 09:25 PM (705 Views)
renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
So I know this is gonna sound odd I guess? And if you say no to this, I completely understand. Is it possible to add more options to gender on here? Like more than just male, female, or other? Because I do identify as other, but I'd like to say what I identify as I guess if that makes sense? Like I said, if the answer to this suggestion is no, I will understand.

Thanks for reading and taking your time to reply if you do!
Posted Image
"This is the most fun I've ever had."
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

valiant KittyCakes
Member Avatar
Special marching
I was literally just thinking about that last night and wondering if I should make a topic! But I decided against it because I identify as female so I figured I'd let someone who needs the option changed ask for it. But that's a crazy coincidence! I totally think there should be more options, or an option to write in your own.
Under Construction
Online Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Arisu in Fluxtown]
A custom "other" field would be the best way to implement it if you had to have the feature. But I'm not sure if that's possible via zetaboards. You'd have to ask an admin.

Personally, I just say go with N/A and leave it at that. In most cases around here gender won't even be relevant to anything being discussed.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. The last remaining member】
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

valiant KittyCakes
Member Avatar
Special marching
It's understandable why someone would want the option to have their gender, and it's only fair. If it's possible it should be implemented. A bunch of info you can enter on here doesn't really come into any discussions, at least not often or in depth, so that's beside the point. It should be more inclusive, like I said, if it's possible.
Under Construction
Online Mini Profile

renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
i forgot i made this thread but yes ;A; it'd be nice if i could implement the gender i want :c
Posted Image
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

valiant KittyCakes
Member Avatar
Special marching
Definitely not an unreasonable thing to ask, not in my book ^__^
Under Construction
Online Mini Profile

renowned Tuxedo Phantom
Member Avatar
Not even memories... are safe from the darkness...
A very simple implement would just be another section like "game currently playing" called something like "gender identity" and have it set to the top, then people can still use the already available drop down for simple male/female. No hassle, should be as simple as a copy and paste.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Offline Mini Profile

Lord Kitm
Member Avatar
[Shifter Menace]

I've PMed Metallix so that he can take a look at this. Ultimately he's the only one with access to the forum functions and he can tell you whether or not this is doable in the Zetaboards layout. That being said, I support the option to choose this, just so that the people it applies to aren't forced into a binary solution.
Credulous at best is your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men
Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile. so Impersonal
Devour to survive; So it is, so it's always been

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
Thank you guys for all being understanding and supportive <3
Posted Image
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

overlord Neo MetallixPosted Image
Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
Well what other genders are there? You want me to put trans-gender(surgery induced) or hermaphrodite(genetic defect)? Like I don't know what else you could put besides that but both hermaphrodites and trans gender still associate with one or the other anyway.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Puncture the Porcupine, my fancharacter!
Online Mini Profile

renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
well right now i'm identifying as gender questioning but leaning towards genderflux. or we could just put nonbinary as an option, which means according to google, genderqueer (GQ), also termed non-binary, is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine‍‌identities which are thus outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity.
Posted Image
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Tuxedo Phantom
Member Avatar
Not even memories... are safe from the darkness...
Metallix, that's why it being a text field the person can fill in on their own was suggested. It'd be impossible to list them all in a dropdown.

Offline Mini Profile

renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
yeah, that'd be easier to do^ but if not then i understand
Posted Image
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Hero of Hyrule
Tuxedo Phantom
Nov 4 2016, 03:02 PM
Metallix, that's why it being a text field the person can fill in on their own was suggested. It'd be impossible to list them all in a dropdown.
The only issue I could see with that is trolls using it to post inappropriate things but otherwise it's a good idea. Worse case scenario someone gets warned or banned and it is all good from there.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Online Mini Profile

renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
so no to pry or bother but uh..how is this going ;w;
Posted Image
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · -=Act I=- News/Feedback Harbor · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: