~Welcome to the Sonic Blast Community Forum~
Hello Sonic fans! Since we opened in 2006 our aspiration has been to offer the most authentic Sonic-themed community on the web for Sonic enthusiasts new and old. We do our best to provide unique features, unique Sonic-themed designs, and offer compelling topics of discussion with people you can call family. Our community is full of friendly people who love to help out. We would be honored if you decided to join our forum. Being a part of our community is easy, quick, and absolutely free.

[Click here to register your free citizenship!]
If you're already a citizen please log in to chat in our kingdom and access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog
Topic Started: Sep 29 2016, 11:01 PM (751 Views)
overlord Neo MetallixPosted Image
Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
So how many of you read or have read these comics? I started reading them when I was 7. I remember just casually looking at the comic rack and after a minute seeing that Sonic, my favorite game character, had a comic of its own! It was Issue #30 where Sonic's Uncle Chuck has been roboticized but hasn't turned evil. I collected a lot of them as a kid all the way up to issue 60 some special edition ones(Sonic & Knuckles Mecha Madness, Super Sonic Vs. Hyper Knuckles, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic & Knuckles, etc) then just stopped. I know they never stopped making them but I can't believe after 21 years they're still making them! I almost bought the latest issue last night, probably will at some point.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Puncture the Porcupine, my fancharacter!
Offline Mini Profile

Lord Vermillion
Member Avatar
The Blackening

I have a couple of random single issues, ones involving Shadow The Hedgehog. I never read any other Sonic comics except for the original Archie ones. Later on I got a few more that were involving Scourge (I think was his name, he was the green hedgehog)

I still go through the comic section and I'll see Sonic still going strong. Which is pretty awesome. :D
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Drifter
I had started collecting the Sonic Universe comics for a while. Quit doing that after a while though cause I didn't really have the money for another subscription to it. From what I've read the comics have been really good although it's been at least a couple years since I've read anything. Might try to pick up where I left off at some point.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
I remember when Knuckles had his own series of comics. It started out as just some mini stories in the Sonic comics and then morphed into a full fledged series. I guess it didn't do as hot because they discontinued it. I don't know why they started a whole second comic series(Sonic Universe) though. What's different between the regular series and the Universe series?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Drifter
From what I understand the Universe comics take place at around the same time as whatever is going on in the main comics. They're meant to be more for expanding the storyline within the the universe without it getting in the way of the main comics. That's also why the storyline shifts among characters every 4 comics because each of the stories are supposed to be what is happening in other parts of the world and sometimes don't even have Sonic involved with them.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
KogaHarine
Sep 30 2016, 12:06 PM
From what I understand the Universe comics take place at around the same time as whatever is going on in the main comics. They're meant to be more for expanding the storyline within the the universe without it getting in the way of the main comics. That's also why the storyline shifts among characters every 4 comics because each of the stories are supposed to be what is happening in other parts of the world and sometimes don't even have Sonic involved with them.
Ohhhhh that makes sense and pretty cool! I'm excited for the new Mega Drive line of comics that are coming soon! I'm probably going to buy a few for old time sake. I still have a bunch of old ones. Still have issue 50.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

majesty HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
Screwing the rules, one duel at a time
I briefly got into the comics when the reboot happened. They were pretty enjoyable, but I haven't been keeping up with them. I have read the recent Mega Drive comic though, and I found that a really entertaining read. I should probably get back to the main series though.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
Anyone else read the Mega Drive comic? I'm wanting to order it online but not sure. Are there any retail stores that still sell it?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
King "BOOM" Boo
Oct 10 2016, 04:05 PM
Are there any retail stores that still sell it?
I've seen Sonic comics available at Barnes and Nobles, so you could try there. Otherwise, I'd check out your local comic shop.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
Yeah I looked at Barnes & Noble and according to the comics it won't be at retail until November so I'll wait and just pick it up then. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Miku
Member Avatar
Lava Reef Act 2
i have like...a huge collection of the comics, like a whole box full of just archie sonic comics. older ones, newer ones and all that fun stuff. it's nice. i haven't read them all in forever though and i don't really collect them anymore. i'm thinking of selling them sometime but i dunno. i do enjoy them, but i haven't read them in forever.
Posted Image
Tumblr
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
So, to keep this conversation going, what's everyone's favorite issue?
Offline Mini Profile

Draw4Life
Member Avatar
Marble Garden Act 1
Oh yes! I'm a big fan of the comics! They are amazing! I have two original drawings from one of there best artists (in my opinion) Tracy Yardley! I'd have every single comic if I could XD
Offline Mini Profile

CEAON
Member Avatar
A new venture. La la. La la.
The option to subscribe to the Sonic comics has disappeared entirely from Archie's online storefront, and this year's Free Comic Book Day issue of Sonic the Hedgehog was replaced with an issue of Riverdale.

I seriously hope the former is just an error, as there's been no word from Archie either way.
Co-Founder, Developer, Writer and QA Tester at Gamestalgia
Writer and Critic at GameMutt
Support me on Patreon, if you're feeling generous!
Follow me on Tumblr! (I don't use this very much!)
Check out my Youtube Channel!
Keep up with me and my antics on Twitter!
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Drifter
From the way it has been sounding lately, Archie is having all kinds of issues. If it continues the comics might end completely due to lack of funds and a steady subscriber base. It's sad to think about but it is a possibility.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · -=Act I=- Sonic Universe · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: