TwitterTwitterYouTube

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Thoughts on the 2019 Sonic movie?
Topic Started: Sep 21 2016, 08:53:24 PM (4,221 Views)
founder Metallix Posted Image
Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Well all we know is it's being made by Sony Pictures and it will be part animated and part live action....

Anyone else kinda turned off by that? I guess if done right it could be awesome but most movies mixing animation and live action have been awful!
Edited by Metallix, Sep 23 2016, 06:50:07 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
It depends on how they do it. I mean Pokemon is getting a live action movie (granted it's based around Detective Pikachu so it's not as big of a deal). I think I'm going to reserve judgement at least until they show a trailer and give us an idea about how exactly they are planning on incorporating it into a real world setting.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

admin HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
You wish you had hair like this~
Honestly, as soon as I heard the movie was going to be part live action, I got a little worried. Live action movies based on cartoons and such things do not have the best reputation, and for good reason. Maybe this will be good? We can only hope.
Offline Mini Profile

Monkey Destruction Switch
Member Avatar
Character Select
Yeah, the live action part does not make me hopeful at all. But I'll try to assume the best until more information comes out.

Any thoughts or wishes on what it will be about?
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Monkey Destruction Swtch
Sep 22 2016, 07:35:09 PM
Yeah, the live action part does not make me hopeful at all. But I'll try to assume the best until more information comes out.

Any thoughts or wishes on what it will be about?
Well as far as the live action goes.... I guess if Eggman is live action and the other characters are animation that'd be alright. I really don't want it to be a Sonic Adventure type movie where Sonic is in the real world. Idk, that just seems like it was okay for a game but not a movie. Although it was fine in Sonic X but that was all animated. The animation had better be top notch is all I've gotta say about that.

I don't know what I even want for a story. If it's serious like Sonic '06 it might just be super cheesy and bad. I wouldn't mind if it's based in Archie's world like SatAM! Dr. Robotnik was menacing in that! The likelihood of that is pretty slim though.
Edited by Metallix, Sep 22 2016, 07:59:03 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Hyper DragonFlame
Member Avatar
Overlord
I have but one word to say, why not make it like they did with Wreck-It Ralph.
Pure animation.
Yet I hadn't heard of them implementing live action until now. I can only hope it's not some numb who's behind the project. I mean it may look corny as hell, almost as if it was sprung forth by an fan-made youtuber's.

It's still a long way off though. So it's better off just peering out for any more info before I completely rip this decision into bits, as that may very well be the case.
Though even if it is made. Highly unlikely it's coming to Norway. Their like super anti-hedgehog, as if whatever is thrown at us, it's total irrelevant compared to Mario for instance.

Haven't found a single person sharing the common interest for the blue blur.
Actually that's a lie, I have. But that's some reviewer. :)
Edited by DragonFlame, Sep 24 2016, 08:11:03 AM.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
If I'm remembering this correctly, the animation is supposedly being done by Marza Animation Planet, who have worked on Sonic titles in the past (I know they've done the animations for Unleashed and Generations). So, at least that aspect has a pretty nice chance of being good?
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
HollyYoshi
Sep 24 2016, 04:02:36 PM
If I'm remembering this correctly, the animation is supposedly being done by Marza Animation Planet, who have worked on Sonic titles in the past (I know they've done the animations for Unleashed and Generations). So, at least that aspect has a pretty nice chance of being good?
Hey that's pretty cool! If that's the case I'm sure the animation portion of the movie will actually be pretty great! I would like a liveaction eggman similar in look to his '06 model though. Something where he just looks and is a good villain. No cheesy doofus.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

admin Let's Go EeveePosted Image
Member Avatar
.... Kay I'm more out of the loop then I thought cos when the heck was this a thing?
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Cee Jay Haych
Sep 27 2016, 09:28:47 AM
.... Kay I'm more out of the loop then I thought cos when the heck was this a thing?
I believe it was announced this year or maybe late last year that there would be a big budget Sonic film. All we know is it's being produced by Sony Pictures(funny how they didn't pick up Ratchet & Clank but they do for Sonic) and that it will have live action and animation.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Vermillion
Member Avatar
The Blackening
I remember hearing about this several months ago. Not sure how I feel about the mix of live action/cgi. I guess I'd just prefer it to be all CGI or animation. Preferably animation.

I use to play "Sonic The Movie" a lot as a kid. You can't find it on DVD no cheaper than $80-100, which is ludicrous. I wouldn't mind seeing a Sonic movie with a bit darker side to it. But ah well.

They may be looking at the success the last Spongebob movie had with live action/CGI and trying to get that success. Just have to wait and see on this one. Hoping for the best though.
Edited by Vermillion, Sep 30 2016, 05:54:06 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Metallic Madness
Vermillion
Sep 30 2016, 05:50:35 AM
I remember hearing about this several months ago. Not sure how I feel about the mix of live action/cgi. I guess I'd just prefer it to be all CGI or animation. Preferably animation.

I use to play "Sonic The Movie" a lot as a kid. You can't find it on DVD no cheaper than $80-100, which is ludicrous. I wouldn't mind seeing a Sonic movie with a bit darker side to it. But ah well.

They may be looking at the success the last Spongebob movie had with live action/CGI and trying to get that success. Just have to wait and see on this one. Hoping for the best though.
Hoping for the best too. They actually had the Sonic movie on DVD? I'm surprised! Too bad they don't rerelease it. I'd like a copy, but have to resort to streaming it online.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Vermillion
Sep 30 2016, 05:50:35 AM
Oh, the OVA movie? I've only seen it once, but I remember it being a fairly good movie.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Aegis Driver
The OVA movie was really good. I remember loving how well they did on it. Might have to see if I can find it on DVD sometime to add to my collection cause that's one I wouldn't mind watching again.
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Vermillion
Member Avatar
The Blackening
Yeah, I was actually hoping at some point they'd re-release the OVA, or include it with a new Sonic game or something... but nope. I'd like to add it to my collection as well. Not really wanting to spend that much on a DVD though.

Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ★ Act 2 ϟ Sonic Multiverse ★ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: