~Welcome to the Sonic Blast Community Forum~
Hello Sonic fans! Since we opened in 2006 our aspiration has been to offer the most authentic Sonic-themed community on the web for Sonic enthusiasts new and old. We do our best to provide unique features, unique Sonic-themed designs, and offer compelling topics of discussion with people you can call family. Our community is full of friendly people who love to help out. We would be honored if you decided to join our forum. Being a part of our community is easy, quick, and absolutely free.

[Click here to register your free citizenship!]
If you're already a citizen please log in to chat in our kingdom and access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Sonic Project 2017 (working title); I think we're finally going up the way we want with Sonic
Topic Started: Jul 23 2016, 06:39 AM (1,282 Views)
Shyna
Member Avatar
Ice Cap Act 2
Debutted at the 25th Anniversary convention, Sonic is coming out with a new game currently just called "Project 2017."

Here's the trailer for it. I think finally for once it won't be so stupid and corny and full of bad jokes. Finally we'll get the awesomeness and seriousness that Sonic deserves!

Not this Boom or Colors nonsense, but actually hardcore epicness with actual stakes in the plot!

Apparently Eggman is going full force this time, with those massive One-Eyed Death-Egg-Robot-esque robots in the background.

Oh, and Classic Sonic will be in it too. Though they mentioned this will not be "Sonic Generations 2" but a totally new adventure with new stages (not revisited from the past).

I hope that finally SEGA is doing something right this time! Although I'm kinda skeptical about Classic Sonic being in it, but the rest looks amazing so far!
Be sure to check me out on Deviant Art to see some of my various drawings and artworks. http://hexidextrous.deviantart.com/

Also, I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Drifter
Classic Sonic being involved seriously makes me believe that it is basically a Generations style game but with all new stages. Looks really promising although that trailer doesn't really show us much of anything other than that it will have both Modern and Classic Sonic (much like the reveal trailer for Generations which had nothing much other than the reveal that it was going to have Modern and Classic Sonic).
Posted Image
~Super Mario Maker Profile~
Offline Mini Profile

valiant KittyCakes
Member Avatar
The one and the only =^-^=
It looks very interesting! I'm looking forward to it! I too would prefer another game with "seriousness and stakes". Some epicness instead of cuteness, I don't know, something like that. Although I kind of like the idea of having modern and classic Sonic both. Not permanently, so I hope in future projects they stick to one or the other. But I thought it was a fun premise in Generations and I'm personally not sick of the gimmick yet so bring it on.
Edited by KittyCakes, Jul 23 2016, 11:01 AM.
Under Construction
Offline Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Drifter
I'm not really sick of the premise so much as that I was hoping for a new modern game in full. A Generations style game isn't a bad thing by any means I just want a return to the Adventure style of games with a bit of the new stuff mixed in. By this point a mixing of the gameplay styles wouldn't be a bad idea. Either way I'm excited to see what they have in store since it looks promising regardless.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

renowned SXR123
Member Avatar
Blue streak, Speeds by... SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!
as with most sonic games, I'm going to keep an open mind about this. If it's as goofy as Generations was I'm not going to enjoy it.
Posted Image

X's flash video's!

where I show you my vault of epic animation's! my overly increasing skills, and maybe even some comedic ones! Enjoy my friends!
Offline Mini Profile

renowned Ludichaos
Member Avatar
[Taddle Fantasy]
"We".

Speak for yourself. Personally the fact that they could be going full Sonic '06 again has me worried. Seems heavy from that one scene, but I feel like they couldn't go too heavy while also involving Classic Sonic for some reason. We'll have to wait and see.

Not much else to go on at the moment. I'd have to see some gameplay footage. It's by the team who did Colours and Generations apparently so I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be a fun game to play if nothing else.
【One third of Sonic Blast's Legendary Australian Trio. The last remaining member】
Posted Image
Online Mini Profile

renowned KogaHarine
Member Avatar
Drifter
I don't think we will have an '06 scenario on our hands. There's a reason they poke fun at it in the timeline video for it's excessive load times and issues (which honestly '06 wouldn't have been nearly as bad as it was if it had been finished properly with minimal load times/fixed glitches and had its story fleshed out better so that it actually made sense and had more impact. Luckily they know how bad it is so I doubt they would look to it for inspiration unless they want to just shoot themselves in the foot). The fact that it's being made by the guys who did Colours and Generations is a pretty good sign of what to expect which has me optimistic as well. Now we just need some gameplay footage and more info on why Classic Sonic is there and then we should be good to go.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

overlord Neo MetallixPosted Image
Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
KogaHarine
Jul 23 2016, 08:40 AM
Classic Sonic being involved seriously makes me believe that it is basically a Generations style game but with all new stages. Looks really promising although that trailer doesn't really show us much of anything other than that it will have both Modern and Classic Sonic (much like the reveal trailer for Generations which had nothing much other than the reveal that it was going to have Modern and Classic Sonic).
I loved Colors and Generations so I say bring on more!! I'm pretty excited for both new games.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Puncture the Porcupine, my fancharacter!
Offline Mini Profile

majesty HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
Screwing the rules, one duel at a time
Rewatched the trailer for this yesterday and was quickly reminded of how (cautiously) excited I am for this game. From what we see in the trailer, it looks like this is going for a darker tone, which I would welcome with open arms, so long as we don't get another Shadow the Hedgehog. Something like Adventure 2 would be just fine with me.

Not sure if I'm down with Classic Sonic being in this, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out.

And the trailer gives us so many questions; What does Eggman want to accomplish this time that involves the destruction of at least one city? Who is this 'resistance'? Are we going to see any of the other characters play a part in the story? There's just so much we could theorize here, though sadly I feel it'll be a ways until we get more information.
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
HollyYoshi
Sep 21 2016, 06:17 PM
Rewatched the trailer for this yesterday and was quickly reminded of how (cautiously) excited I am for this game. From what we see in the trailer, it looks like this is going for a darker tone, which I would welcome with open arms, so long as we don't get another Shadow the Hedgehog. Something like Adventure 2 would be just fine with me.

Not sure if I'm down with Classic Sonic being in this, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out.

And the trailer gives us so many questions; What does Eggman want to accomplish this time that involves the destruction of at least one city? Who is this 'resistance'? Are we going to see any of the other characters play a part in the story? There's just so much we could theorize here, though sadly I feel it'll be a ways until we get more information.
Yes a darker tone than Colors and Generations would be welcomed. Somewhat like Adventure 2 would be good. Ultra edgy and dark like Shadow would not be. Honestly I'm most excited for this because I LOVE Generations on PS3 and of what I've played of Colors I love that game too(and probably a bit more).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I'm wondering what the gameplay is going to be like. Classic will most likely have more of the same from Generations, but for Modern I wonder what direction they'll take. I wouldn't mind something similar to the Adventure titles.
Offline Mini Profile

Ravenfreak
Member Avatar
Sonic and Raven! :3
When they reveled this project, I immediately called it Generations 2, but was a bit confused when they came out and said it wasn't going to be a sequel. Honestly I'm more hyped for Mania than this game, since I'm more of a classic fan, but I'm still looking forward to what this game will have in store for us. I kind of wish Classic wasn't going to show up in this game, since we're getting a new classic style game, despite being a bigger fan of the classics than newer games. :P
RIP Mighty No. 9 Universe 2013-2015
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
Ravenfreak
Sep 23 2016, 05:11 PM
When they reveled this project, I immediately called it Generations 2, but was a bit confused when they came out and said it wasn't going to be a sequel. Honestly I'm more hyped for Mania than this game, since I'm more of a classic fan, but I'm still looking forward to what this game will have in store for us. I kind of wish Classic wasn't going to show up in this game, since we're getting a new classic style game, despite being a bigger fan of the classics than newer games. :P
It's probably just like Generations but because it isn't a sequel it will use new, original levels. That's my hope though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
Given that the city shown in the trailer doesn't clearly resemble any that have already been in the games (in contrast with Generation's first trailer including what was obviously Green Hill Zone), I think it's safe to say the game will probably have new locations this time around.
Offline Mini Profile

Sonicfan059
Member Avatar
Angel Island Act 1
Nightmare Holly
Sep 24 2016, 04:58 PM
Given that the city shown in the trailer doesn't clearly resemble any that have already been in the games (in contrast with Generation's first trailer including what was obviously Green Hill Zone), I think it's safe to say the game will probably have new locations this time around.
I am hoping the story will be good. Any word on when we will hear more about it?
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · -=Act II=- Sonic Game Stadium · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: