~Welcome to the Sonic Blast Community Forum~
Hello Sonic fans! Since we opened in 2006 our aspiration has been to offer the most authentic Sonic-themed community on the web for Sonic enthusiasts new and old. We do our best to provide unique features, unique Sonic-themed designs, and offer compelling topics of discussion with people you can call family. Our community is full of friendly people who love to help out. We would be honored if you decided to join our forum. Being a part of our community is easy, quick, and absolutely free.

[Click here to register your free citizenship!]
If you're already a citizen please log in to chat in our kingdom and access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Advanced Features Tutorial (1/16/14)
Topic Started: Jan 16 2014, 02:34 PM (6,084 Views)
overlord Neo MetallixPosted Image
Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
=Sonic Blast Features=

The purpose of this thread is to show you some of =SB's= features that you may not have known existed.

I. Profile Customization

• 1) Usernames:
    You've registered but you don't like your username or you've grown tired of it and don't want to start over with a new account. Have no fear, changing your username is simple!

To request a name change, follow these steps:
    a) At the top of the forum, click the Preferences button.
    b) In the Board Settings menu, select Change Username.
    c) Type your desired username in the New Username box, and click Change Username. Your name change request will have to be approved by an administrator, so the changes may not be applied immediately. If you have any pending name change requests, they will appear above the Change Username form.
    d)To cancel a pending name change request, click the link above the Change Username form. Alternatively, you can fill out and submit the form to select a different name change.

• 2) Joinable Groups:
    A joinable group is a group which any individual member may join, but are separate from member groups. There are three types of groups: open to all members, leader approval required, and invitation request required.

a) Joining a group - At the top of the forum click "Preferences". In the "Profile Options" menu click on "Joinable Groups." All groups available will be listed. If you see a group you'd like to join select "Join Group" or "Request Approval." You will not have the option to join groups that are invitation only unless an invitation is sent out to you specifically.

• 3) Statuses:
    Did you know Sonic Blast has a status system to show members what your current mood/situation is?

a) To update you status simply click on your user name at the top to go to your profile page. Your profile page shows all of your info like groups you have joined, your interests, etc. Your status is second on display after last activity. It will have a text box. Simply type in what your current status is and hit "Update Status" to display it.

II. Pesky Users

• 1) Ignoring Users:
    Sonic Blast has lots of members and as such there may be people who you don't get along with. Here you will be shown how to deal with such things.

a) Ignoring a specific person - You can block a specific person's posts in the whole forum by clicking their username to go to their profile. From there go to the drop down list on the left hand side and hover over it. Scroll down to "Ignore [name]" and their posts will no longer be visible to you anywhere on the forum. To stop ignoring them simply go back to their profile and select "End Ignore [name]".
    b) Blocking PMs - You can block Private Messages from specific users. Simply go to your inbox and select "Address Book" on the left hand side. When you're there enter their username at the bottom and select no for "Allow Messages from this Member" and they will no longer be able to message you. To undo that simply go to their name on the list, click edit, and select yes for "Allow Messages from this Member."

III. Topics

• 1) Tracking Topics:
    Is there a specific topic you are interested in but afraid it might get lost somewhere in the abyss of topics available? Maybe you'd just like to know if it got any new posts? Sonic Blast allows you to track a specific topic.

a) To track a specific topic simply go to the topic you wish and scroll down to the bottom. Next to the clock to the right of the theme selector there is a link that says "Track Topic." Click on this and you have successfully tracked your topic. To view all of the topics you have tracked go to the top and click on preferences. All of your tracked topics will be listed at the bottom with the option to unsubscribe from any or all topics.
    b) E-mailing a topic is similar, simply go to the topic and scroll down to the bottom. Next to the Track Topic link there is a link "E-mail Topic." Click on that and it will bring you to a page where you can forward the topic to your e-mail of choice.

• 2) Active Topics:
    At =SB= you can easily view all of the currently active topics. These are topics which have had members post in either today or yesterday.

a) To view all active topics simply scroll down to the bottom on the main page of the forum and look under the board statistics(where it shows how many posts/users we have). You'll see a set of links. The middle link is the one you want that says "Active Topics." When you click on it you will be taken to a list of all the currently active topics.
    Edited by Neo Metallix, Jan 16 2014, 02:52 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Puncture the Porcupine, my fancharacter!
Online Mini Profile

Riku Kagamaki
Member Avatar
Derp ALL the posts!
How do i change the color of my posts?
Offline Mini Profile

overlord Neo MetallixPosted Image
Member Avatar
~Doomsday Overlord~
Yin yang sonic
Aug 12 2014, 12:57 PM
How do i change the color of my posts?
You have to memorize the code in quick reply or hit add reply/new topic buttons to go into full post mode. On the drop down that says color, select any color you want.

Code:

[color=red]Any Text[/color]

Posted Image
Posted Image
Puncture the Porcupine, my fancharacter!
Online Mini Profile

Riku Kagamaki
Member Avatar
Derp ALL the posts!
Okay. Thank you!
Offline Mini Profile

Ian/Typer
Member Avatar
Jake is fine, I'm just filling in for him.
How do i change the Caption or whatever under my user name.
Because i want to change mine to destroyer of planets.
Hello fellow user, traveler, or Spy! I see that you made it to the end of my post on this form, RP, or profile! My name is Ian G. Gibson ! First off, good job on reading this far, you deserve a cookie and/or chocolate bar, and second off, I'm an artist! I make art a lot, and pretty alright art, that is! I'm mostly on deviantART, user: Jakeuup, go check that out, its pretty neat! And no, I'm not taking requests anymore...Welp, that's that! Thanks for reading! See you next post!
Offline Mini Profile

Riku Kagamaki
Member Avatar
Derp ALL the posts!
Ian the Human
Aug 12 2014, 05:02 PM
How do i change the Caption or whatever under my Mobian name.
Dude... That's kinda scary!
Offline Mini Profile

Ian/Typer
Member Avatar
What?Its true!What have those planets ever done for me?!
Hello fellow user, traveler, or Spy! I see that you made it to the end of my post on this form, RP, or profile! My name is Ian G. Gibson ! First off, good job on reading this far, you deserve a cookie and/or chocolate bar, and second off, I'm an artist! I make art a lot, and pretty alright art, that is! I'm mostly on deviantART, user: Jakeuup, go check that out, its pretty neat! And no, I'm not taking requests anymore...Welp, that's that! Thanks for reading! See you next post!
Offline Mini Profile

majesty HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
Screwing the rules, one duel at a time
Ian the Human
Aug 12 2014, 05:02 PM
How do i change the Caption or whatever under my Mobian name.
First, you need to have a total of 150 posts. Once you have that, then you can change your caption by going to your Options Menu and selecting 'Update Profile'

Also, could you two try to keep better on topic?
Online Mini Profile

Ian/Typer
Member Avatar
Ok,I almost have 150,Thanks for telling me all this stuff.
Offline Mini Profile

majesty HollyYoshiPosted Image
Member Avatar
Screwing the rules, one duel at a time
No problem. Happy to help. =)
Online Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · -=Act II=- Greetings Resort · Next Topic »
Add Reply