~Welcome to the Sonic Blast Community Forum~
Greetings stranger, it is an honor to have you as a visitor. Since we opened in 2006 our goal has been to offer the most authentic Sonic-themed community on the web for Sonic enthusiasts new and old. We do our best to provide the most unique features, best Sonic-themed designs, and have the latest news; always improving to cover all of your Sonic needs. Our community is full of friendly people and we hope you enjoy your brief stay but would be thrilled if you decided to join in on the fun. Being a part of our community is easy, quick, and absolutely free.

Click here to join our community and enter the land of Mobius as a =SB= citizen!
Citizens may log in to their account to participate in our land's conversations and access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Round 2: "Cokey" Black vs Blaire Fields; Location: Arena Eight
Topic Started: Mar 31 2011, 10:21 AM (496 Views)
Lord Talancir D'Landior
Member Avatar
~ RP Knight ~

The impotent, overcast sun had just begun to kiss the stadium roof, suspended over the screaming stands by impressively carved stone pillars. The day had not brought more snow, though a brisk wind had begun to sail across the arenas, bringing the promise of a cold evening and a frigid night.

The braziers were blazing once more at the edges of the arena once more, melting the ice that had formed after the conclusion of the first match. The snow layer that not outright melted now covered a layer of mired peat and gravel. The Arenas had not been attended to; Auriel decided the peculiar conditions of the arena would add a psychological factor. They were still functional, to a degree, and it wouldn't until they were properly shattered by the combatant's conditions.

And so it was that the heralds led the two combatants onto the field, the audience roaring in approval. Arena Eight played host to the most intense gunbattle of the first match. Several spent bullet casings dot the snow layer, and a few small darkened craters mark the spots where flashbangs detonated. Intermittent blood spatter here and there on one side of the arena; in all, casual observers were left wondering if anyone walked away from the arena alive.

"I hope I needn't repeat myself, my fair ladies," the herald said smoothly. "Please assume your places on either side of the arena and we'll begin."

Without further ado, the herald began his introduction. "My lords, my ladies, welcome to the second match of the tournament! We have for you today two new combatants, one of which have proved their mettle and valor. In the hither corner, I give to you a lady fighter who has performed well this far, and is no doubt seeking her second victory in the tournament. My lords and ladies, please welcome Miss Blaire Fields!"

And in the thither corner, I give to you a lady who would well seek to deny Miss Fields her second victory, and in so doing, secure a victory for herself! My lords and ladies, please welcome Miss Cokey Black!"

The audience cheered, and fanfare soared as the herald bowed to the crowd above him. Turning away, he called to the combatants, "Salute your opponent, then begin!"
Posted Image
RP Aid: So, you want to be a storyteller? A must read for any Storyteller who wants to be better at his craft.

RP Aid: Combat: A Comprehensive Guide to Beating Arse

By the way, I'm on skype. Search for talancir.

Millstone of Time Resources
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
The most important meal of the day
Cokey was right when she had pointed out the fact that the next round would begin in mere hours. It seemed mere minutes, actually that she was tromping out to Arena 8. She still hadn't found out who Blair Fields was prior to coming to the arena. When she saw the purple-furred dog, she remembered eyeing her in the bar area before the first round. She had yet again failed to form a Bond prior to the match, but that didn't mean she couldn't still.

After listening to Stuffy Judge's monologue and being applauded by the audience, Cokey went to her corner, offering Blair Fields a friendly and completely false smile. She kept her smile on her face as she checked her gun, put it in the side holster, checked the sharpness of her blade and put it away. She rolled up her sleeves and flicked her arm guards, tightening them and then putting her sleeves back down over them.

"Hi Blair!" Cokey called out to her opponent once she was at the ready. "Looks like we're going to go at it. Trust me, I'm not going to try to hurt you really badly. I expect the same from you. I'm just a girl, but you're a woman. So I expect us to sort of form a Bond here, yknow?" Cokey grinned wider, hoping Blair wouldn't notice the sinister twist in her words. Once again, she was using Illusion with a hint of Persuasion, masking her words. It didn't take much effort this time. Last time she needed to use more Illusion because she was trying to convince Saffron that she had said something different than what she'd actually voiced. This time, she was "asking Blair to form a friendly woman-to-girl bond with her". In truth she was saying "Form a Bond with me, let me in." See? Similarities between the two phrases are strong, therefore not much Illusion was needed.

It all depended on Blair's answer. And then Cokey would be one relatively short battle away from winning.
Just let me in, Ms. Blair... Come ON! I need a win.... Cokey thought to herself.

---------------------------------------

Illusion: 87%

Persuasion: 90%

High: 100%
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Snow-Capped RosePosted Image
Member Avatar
I object to your claims
There is a certain type of zeal in this world, a category of euphoria that can only come from stepping into a stadium filled to the brim with a cheering audience. Shouts of encouragement, claps, whistles, and the voice of at least one person standing up in the back row asking for her autograph and quite possibly a date – the roaring of the crowd drowned out the tail-end of the autograph hound’s question – reached Blaire upon her sauntering into the arena. And who was she to deny the masses their pleasure? There wouldn’t be any dates, but a copy of her signature was fair game.

“Hello all you wonderful fans!” The Siberian Husky held out a paw towards the crowd, half-closed eyes regarding the legions of creatures that enthusiastically applauded her. Her usual smirk was present on her muzzle as she performed a bow, sweeping her arm out as if inviting one of male members watching to join her in a waltz.

“After the match, you may all meet with me for autographs! I’ll even offer some battle tips if I win! So, wish for my victory, people!”

There would be no waltzing today. In fact, the only dancing Blaire was going to do would be some fancy foot work to either attack or evade her opponent. Speaking of which, the canine figured it was as good a time as any to see who it was she was fighting against. Aside from a name – Cokey Black – the purple-furred dog had no information about her to go on.

I hope I needn't repeat myself, my fair ladies. Please assume your places on either side of the arena and we'll begin.

You needn’t repeat yourself for my benefit at least, sir.” Blaire mused to herself as she headed to her corner.

The canine turned on her heels, inadvertently kicking away an old bullet casing from the last round. The spent brass flew into a nearby pole, where it bounced cleanly off and rolled into red-stained rime. The Siberian Husky had caught herself arching a curious eyebrow. It was not at the state of the stadium, but at the appearance of her opponent, a red-furred hedgehog.

How can anyone stand jewelry in their bottom lip?

Hi Blaire! Looks like we're going to go at it. Trust me, I'm not going to try to hurt you really badly. I expect the same from you. I'm just a girl, but you're a woman. So I expect us to sort of form a Bond here, y’know?

As Cokey had expected, Blaire had not figured out the true intention of her words. However, the canine wasn’t about to give the hedgehog what she desired;

“A bond? We’re about to battle. Can’t we wait until afterwards?” The freedom fighter planted her paws on her hips and tapped a boot against the snow-covered ground. Whatever Cokey’s reaction would be, Blaire hoped she would be in agreement. After all, this was a fight, not a luncheon. There would be plenty of time for casual conversation once the match had concluded.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
The denial from Blair hit Cokey like a physical blow. Her outstretched mental hands grasping for admittance into her opponents mind were swatted away. Cokey grimaced, of course it didnt hurt that badly, in fact, it hurt hardly at all after a few moments.

Thats not good... Cokey thought, but refused to give up hope so early on. After all the match had hardly started. Cokey had far more tricks up her sleeve.

"Oh! Ahahaha!" Cokey guwaffed falsely, hoping that she wasnt over doing it. "You're so funny Blair!"

"Yeah alright that makes perfect sense, let's go with that.." Cokey said quickly, then added, "So I guess this means that you want me to make the first move? Okay, good."

And with that, Cokey turned tail and ran, ducking behind a hardly touched pillar. She got out her gun, hoping she would prove to be a brilliant shot in these circumstances.

Cokey had a plan again, a brilliant plan, and it was garaunteed to work. The only way it could fail is if Blair didnt come after her... And what sense did that make? Of course she would..
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I object to your claims
What on Mobius is up with her?

Such was the question that ran through the mind of one Blaire Fields as she regarded her opponent with a pair of mystified eyes. The canine’s head was tilted to one side, and her ears the opposite direction. “The way she’s acting, it’s as if I took an ice pick and jammed it into her brain. Talk about bizarre!

You’re so funny Blaire!

A raised brow from the husky. “Oh am I?” From what Blaire could tell, this young hedgehog was either crazy, or toying with her in the most unusual way possible.

Yeah alright that makes perfect sense, let's go with that…So I guess this means that you want me to make the first move? Okay, good.

The Siberian Husky took a step back, lifting her hands up in a placating manner. “Now hold on a second, I never said anything like that.” The purple-furred dog was about to give a reprimanding quip Cokey’s way, when her opponent decided to pull a rather unusual maneuver, one that would have other people calling her a coward - or in Blaire’s case, scratching their heads.

She ran.

Past some blood stains, past a few pieces of spent brass, and finally Cokey came to a stop behind a pillar that been fortunate enough to be spared any major damage from the prior battle. Blaire could see her crouching behind the large column of wood; the dog did not, however, catch sight of the hedgehog drawing her gun. Had she, the husky would not have charged towards her opponent, sword flashing in the morning sunlight, half-melted snow crunching underneath her boots. But she hadn’t, and so she did…
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
Cokey grinned almost maliciously when she heard Blaire come running after her. Obviously she had convinced her opponent that she was croucing behind the pillar.
And it really wouldnt take much convincing right? Everyone had seen Cokey sprint and duck behind it. But convincing Blair that she was STILL crouched behind the pillar was the harder part.... But nothing Cokey couldnt handle. After all, she'd done it before.
But could she do it under mental and time pressures? Well, yeah. Adrenaline should prove a valuable asset in helping against those pressures.

Cokey concentrated hard and finally Illusion-Projected an image of herself still crouched behind the pillar for Blaire to see. Then she added a touch more of Illusion, only for a few moments, to make herself blend in...relatively well... At least long enough to slip past the charging canine and get behind her.

Cokey had used a signifigant amount of energy doing that one maneuver, and while it gained her a pretty substantial (though highly temporary) advantage, it had its cons.

Cokey quietly, quietly snuck up, ever so slowly approaching Blaire from behind (pause) and prepared to attack her with the butt of her gun in the back of her head.

A number of things could ruin the Illusion-Projection right now. Illusion Cokey was just sitting there so Blaire could wise up real quick and force the Illusion to fade by rejecting it. Or maybe Blaire could hear the actual Cokey sneaking up and not only cancel out the Illusion but also turn around and deflect Cokey's blow.. She'd have to be real quick though.

-------

Illusion:%60
Edited by Breakfast Princess, Apr 12 2011, 07:39 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I object to your claims
I know you’re there, so come out, if you please.

Blaire was like a wolf ready to take down her prey as she sprinted towards the post that Cokey had hid behind. Her boots sent snow flying every which way as she kicked them up while she was running, some of which was more pink then white. The relics of the prior match were of no concern to the husky, for she was focused on the here and the now. And right now, she needed to get a strike in.

Preferably, she wanted hers to be the opening one for this match.

And it would be here, behind the post she now found herself, where Blaire would swing her saber, hopefully securing this coveted ‘first strike’. Even before reaching Cokey, or rather the illusion of her, the dog was raising her sword, her eyes shrunken to narrow slits of determination. “Looks like Lady Luck is on my side! Heh, she’s just sitting there, like she has no clue I’m right behind here! How foolish can one get! She’s made a horrible mistake.

But perhaps it was Blaire who had made a mistake. So intent was the Mobian one getting her attack in that she was oblivious to the real Cokey sneaking up behind her, about to smack the butt of her gun into the canine’s head. There was one piece of information, however, that could potentially save her from a throbbing headache, and one that she did catch on to. It was the fact that the fake Cokey didn’t make a single movement. Not one hair on the ‘hedgehog’s’ body moved as the Siberian Husky advanced towards ‘her’.

Something ain’t right here.

As Blaire realized this, she halted momentarily, lowering her sword to her side – an action that could be considered yet another mistake. This time, however, the dog knew that something was up, and she intended to figure out what her opponent had planned for her.

And the first thing I’m going to do is see if my suspicions are correct.

With that thought, the freedom fighter lifted her bladed weapon over her head. In the following second, she brought it down as swift as lightning, aiming to slice through the illusion her foe had planted for her.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
"Ha," Cokey muttered under her breath. As her opponent struck the false image of Cokey hunched behind the pillar, the false image faded and was gone.

Cokey broke her concentration and it felt like an enormous relief to not have to focus so hard on maintaining the Illusion any more. She longed to see the surprised look on Blaire's face when "Cokey" straight up dissappeared before her very eyes..

But what Cokey longed to see more was the dead look in Blaire's eyes when she got knocked cold by the blow Cokey was about to deliver..

"Hey Ms. Blaire, you like my teleporting trick?" Cokey asked with faux-sweetness as she twirled the gun in her right hand in a fancy trick she'd learned by watching action movies.
Of course Cokey knew no such "teleporting trick" nor did she perform it just then. But Blaire didnt know that, Blaire didnt know about any of her powers, and Cokey figured it'd be to her advantage to keep her opponent as confused as possible.

Cokey raised the gun high over her head, still twirling, and swiftly brought it down over Blaire's head. Truthfully, Cokey didnt really think she could knock Blaire out, or even hit her for that matter... Heck, Blaire could be really quick and, not one to be completely caught off guard and dumbfounded, still have an opportunity to block Cokeys blow.

But that window of opportunity was small, about the size of a few milliseconds; just the way Cokey liked it.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I object to your claims
Like a knife to butter did the metallic blue blade of Blaire Fields’ saber slice through the illusion of Cokey, and like a ghost at dawn’s rise did the image fade away. The Oakland Resistance Division Agent wasn’t surprised though – or if she was, she didn’t show evidence of being so. Rather, a fulsome simper adorned that lavender-furred muzzle, marking that the husky was glad that a certain something that had been tugging at the back of her mind had let loose the metaphorical leash inside her psyche.

Just as I thought. If that had been real, she would have moved at least a little bit, no matter how hard she tried to keep still,” the canine mused, digging the tip of her sword into the thick rime besides her. “The question now is, where is the real Cokey?

No sooner did Blaire’s right eye shift to the side that a voice from behind beckoned her to turn around;

Hey Ms. Blaire, you like my teleporting trick?

Cokey had aimed to confuse the freedom fighter, a tactic that was working, albeit probably not in the way the hedgehog was excepting. For it wasn’t her foe’s comment on her so-called teleportation technique, as Blaire had already figured out that wasn’t what she had done, that had sent a shock through her biological system. It was the simple fact that Cokey was there, right behind her.

“Oh shoot…” the dog mumbled, her eyes looking like they were about to pop right out of her skull. Her vision locked onto the gun her adversary spun in her right paw. Spun, and then raised over her head. Like lightning, Cokey brought the gun down, over Blaire’s head. The Siberian Husky caught the briefest glimpse of the bottomless barrel before her world became filled with red stars, green swirls, and pink unicorns.

The Mobian swayed from side to side, her vision filled with not one, not two, but three Cokeys. If her mind hadn’t been turned to cranium stew by the strike, Blaire would have uttered a complaint about how she had enough illusions for one fight. Instead, the dog settled, though not exactly by choice, for something rather incoherent;

“No officer, I most certainly did not remove the paprika from the sneaker socket. That was the light bulb of the chicken across the…” The husky abruptly raised finger in the air, as if to tell someone to wait for her command. However, no words came forth from her mouth. Instead, Blaire fell forward, the only sound that came from her being the crunching of snow underneath her body.

There she lay, dazed, head-throbbing, and at the mercy of her opponent.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
When Blaire turned around at the sound of Cokey's voice, Cokey was afraid she herself had made a mistake. But Cokey's fears didnt come true, Blaire for some reason couldnt move quick enough to deflect the blow.

Cokey brought the gun barrel down over Blaire's head with an almost sickening -thwack- sound. But Cokey wasn't sickened, to her it sounded like success.

Cokey took a slight step back when Blaire fell at her feet. She smiled smugly, relishing the sight. It was just the tonic her hurt esteem and fractured ego (caused by her previous loss in her first battle) needed. She could tell by looking at her that Blaire wasnt a nobody. Wasnt a loser. Wasnt going to be easy. And since those were all the things Cokey was trying to prove she wasnt; she figured the best way to do just that would be to defeat an opponent who was the exact opposite of her.

Cokey turned to the crowd surrounding her. The spectators were boo-ing. Were they disappointed in Blaire or did they think Cokey's strategy was cheap? Cokey pondered this for a moment. She certainly didnt think it was cheap. In fact, Cokey thought it was very clever considering she thought of it on the spot practically.
The crowd was also cheering. That was a sound Cokey liked to hear. It was almost overhelming. To keep from caving under the pressure, Cokey remembered her funky studded lip ring, her ketchup-colored hair and most importantly, not who she was but who she strived to be. Her physical appearance and choice of accessories matched that yearning almost exactly. And now she was finally willing to fight for it... And it was actually working!

Cokey knew she couldnt attack Blaire while she was down. It was no doubt against the rules but not only that it was wrong. So what should she do? Wait? Blaire would probably be disoriented when she got up. Then it would be fair for Cokey to make her move.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I object to your claims
If Blaire falling was like a tonic for Cokey’s bruised ego, than for the husky it was like having a tooth pulled without getting a shot of Novocain beforehand. For several seconds the stunned Mobian lay half-buried in snow, waiting not only for her scattered bearings to find their way back where they belonged, but for Cokey to make a move. The question was, what exactly would the hedgehog do? Would she club Blaire to death with the butt of her gun? Or would she opt for a more standard use of her weapon and spray a bullet or three into the Siberian Husky’s skull?

And the decision Blaire’s opponent made…was to wait. Cokey herself was going to wait for the dog to get back onto her feet before she made her move. She would not have to wait long, as the Oakland Resistance Division Agent gradually began to come to. Blaire pressed one paw into the snow and with the other she gingerly touched a lump on her head.

“Man, I’m almost considering taking a scoop of this snow and pressing it against my head to help quell my headache!”

Carefully, the young Siberian Husky propped herself on her hands and one knee, to test the waters as it were. When she didn’t fall to her side and otherwise embarrass herself more than she probably already had, Blaire placed her other knee underneath here, and from there pulled herself back to her feet. On legs that felt like a jello desert the dog took an experimental step, clutching her head in her paws.

“I feel like a suspension bridge, without any proper, yanno, suspension!
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
Cokey turned her head slightly to the side so Blaire wouldnt see her slightly rolling her eyes. When she faced her again, she said in a falsely innocent voice, "I had to build a suspension bridge for class once."
What was the purpose of that statement? 1)To keep up appearances and 2)to possibly confuse Blaire even more. You could never have too much confusion, especially when it could help you win.

Cokey wasnt cruel. Thats why she didnt attack Blaire when she was down. She was actually glad to see her get up. Blaire wasan overall pretty decent-seeming person, and weven though she denied Cokey's Bond, Cokey wasnt im the tournament to kill or severely wound, let alone someone like this. Someone who didnt seem like she deserved either of those things.

But Cokey desperately needed a win. And now that Blaire was up, she was fair game, dizzy or no.

She couldve used a few well-placed words to try and take advantage of her opponent's disoriented state and try to form another Bond but Blaire was smart. Cokey decided not to waste a precious opportunity while Blaire was at clear physical (and not mental) disadvantage.

Cokey decided to use the same tactic she'd used on Saffron. She ran at Blaire, jumped up, once again performed a tricky manuever (it seemed easier the first time for some reason) then twisted around and aimed a kick right at Blaire. If she didnt move at all, which was unlikely, Cokey would kick her in the head. But Cokey wad just hoping for some kind of hit.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I object to your claims
I had to build a suspension bridge for class once.

Blaire titled her head to one side, curiosity and confusion plastered on her face. She herself never had to do anything of the sort when she was growing up – then again, she had been robbed of her childhood at the age of eight, so of course she missed out on many of the things normal children got to do while they were growing up. However, the time for regret wasn’t now. Now was the time for action.

“Well isn’t that nice. I do hope everything panned well with that. Wouldn’t have want you to get a bad grade if I was your teacher.” True as it was that the canine barely knew Cokey, she did have a kind heart when one got down to it. This compliment wasn’t to get on the hedgehog’s good side, though. It was to get her to hopefully drop her guard and allow Blaire a chance to attack.

That is, if her vertigo would subside quickly enough.

Without any warning, Cokey broke into a sprint, her target Blaire Fields. The canine narrowed her eyes as she positioned herself into a defensive stance. She watched as her foe leapt in the air, performed a rather complicated maneuver in mid-air, and made to kick the husky in the head. Dizzy though the dog was, that didn’t mean she was at all oblivious to what the hedgehog was trying to do.

If she thinks she can get a second strike in a row...

Blaire ducked down and shifted her body into a roll. As she came back up, the Mobian swung her saber at Cokey, aiming to slice a small gash into one or both of her legs. “…She’s got another thing coming!
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Breakfast Princess
Member Avatar
One minute, Cokey was sure she was going to land the 2nd strike and 3rd or 4th point; the next, her manuever was all off and she was landing face-down in the discoloured mush on the ground. Cokey was growing quite tired of landing hard on the ground. It didnt feel good, neither did the searing pain in her leg.

Cokey craned her neck to get a peek at the back of her leg. Her bright orange pants were ruined, ripped open; revealing a neat, substantial slice in her flesh, the blood running down and staining her short matted white fur.

The only blood that made Cokey naseaus was her own, for some strange reason, and now that queasiness was ailing her more than the pain... But not by much. She was fortunate enough to be unconscious during her last blood bath, but she wasnt so lucky now as she was nowhere near being unconscious.
Cokey got relatively green in the face and her eyes drooped to match the sinking feeling in her stomach she got as she realized she was about thisclose to vomitting.

"Oohh, that hurts.. That does not feel good.." Cokey said clearly, trying to stand up without wobbling, fighting the naseau away with her will power. Then, muttering so Blaire couldnt hear, she uttered the cuss word meaning "female dog".

Cokey took a step forward, testing her hurt leg. It screamed in protest, the wound seeming to rip wider as she put more pressure on it. Cokey was sure this wasnt really happening, but damn, it felt like it! She could only imagine what running would feel like.

Great, as if I werent slow enough to begin with.. Calm down, Coke, it's just pain, it's all in your head. You can ignore it, maybe even use a little bit of Illusion on yourself to help forget about it? Damn, but that'll use up most of my energy...maybe use it sparingly?...but how much time will that take?.. Damn! Looks like it'll be mainly Illusions and defensive until I can figure out how to work with this setback.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

Member Avatar
I object to your claims
As if intoxicated, Blaire stumbled forward after she had removed the blade of her saber away from Cokey. It was only through quick thinking that the Siberian Husky prevented herself from falling flat on her face – she swiftly brought her sword downward, digging the tip into a patch of blood-drenched snow. Abruptly her body was thrust forward, resulting in a mild whiplash as her neck jerked.

“Dang it,” Blaire muttered through gritted teeth, bringing a paw to her neck and gently rubbing the aching body part. Carefully, using the sword as a makeshift lever, the dog propped herself back into a standing position.

“Alright then, Cokey. That little trick you pulled was good, I’ll give you that. But…” At this, the Mobian raised a finger and tilted her head. “I have some tricks of my own.” As she spoke, Blaire had placed her other hand behind her back. In it, she used her cryokinetic powers to form a small arrowhead made entirely of ice. The canine lowered her head, her blue eyes shining with determination.

And I’m about to show you one.

Blaire swung out from behind her back the arm that had the ice shard. The crystal clear sheet shot out of her hand, it’s target a young female hedgehog; Cokey Black.
Posted Image
Offline Mini Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · =SB= Tournament 4 · Next Topic »
Add Reply