Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sonic Animated Series Confirmed!
Quote:Sonic Mania Adventures was one of the biggest surprises to come from Sega recently and the response to it was even more incredible. The series of shorts delighted fans and critics alike.
Well it seems Sega is not done yet with in house Sonic Animation. Sonic Mania Adventures Production Manager revealed on instagram that a new animated Sonic series is in development.
“Gotta go fast, gotta make it last — finally swung around the SEGA office as we’re working on another fun series with the blue hedgehog… y’all are gonna love it,” reads the post.

No details were given, but if you look at the tags, a certain pink hedgehog is listed along with the usual boys.

Source
Oh hey, so the rumor was actually true. Speaking of Mania Adventures, I'm hoping they get Tyson Hesse back on board for some of the animation again, seeing how good his work in Mania-related projects were. I'd love to see him take on the modern forms of the cast.
(09-25-2018, 04:58 AM)HollyYoshi Wrote: I'd love to see him take on the modern forms of the cast.

Speaking of which, we haven't seen a TV adaptation of that lot since X, right? I'd love to see a similar thing; really enjoyed what I caught of that show as a kid.

Otherwise, here's hoping they get Production IG back on board. Adored their work on Sonic Riders, although I'm doubtful we'll see any Sonic stuff from them again.
Wheeeeeeeeee
@HollyYoshi it isn’t confirmed. Sonic Stadium claims it is based on an Instagram post but while that is evidence to something brewing, it is far from confirmed. Aaron Webber has since said they aren’t working on a new animation so who knows.
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

I really would love a Sonic Mania Adventures TV show though! Give sonic his OVA just to annoy people! Hahaha
[Image: SonicBlastUserbar3.png]
[Image: knuckes_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: espio_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png][Image: shadow_stamp_by_pfv0_stamp.png]

(09-25-2018, 07:01 AM)Metallix Wrote: Aaron Webber has since said they aren’t working on a new animation so who knows.

They said something like that in regards to there being a racing game in development. We all know what happened with that.
It turns out this was actually a new episode of Mania Adventures, but it's a really charming episode that gets Amy exactly right! So glad with from Boom, to Forces, to IDW, so many things are making her so awesome
https://youtu.be/UpfIblkRspQ
(12-20-2018, 09:51 PM)Meowkie Wrote: It turns out this was actually a new episode of Mania Adventures, but it's a really charming episode that gets Amy exactly right! So glad with from Boom, to Forces, to IDW, so many things are making her so awesome
https://youtu.be/UpfIblkRspQ

I absolutely love the Sonic Mania Adventures miniseries, and this most recent episode was particularly excellent. Very touching, beautiful environments, and excellent characterization of Amy. I am also a massive fan of her depiction in the IDW comics so far -- issue #2 in particular blew me away and was exactly what I wanted to see in Amy's character and the Sonic/Amy dynamic.

I really appreciate her role in Forces as well, but in my opinion the writing in that game could have been done much better. I would have loved to see every character play more substantial and meaningful roles, and for emotional scenes to have more depth and somberness -- furthermore, to actually have more cutscenes to show what's going on instead of just telling. But that all being said -- I'm just happy to see more characters being used again, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Amy and other characters in future games.

For example, I'm really hoping for a Sonic Mania 2 with a playable Amy. Maybe even have Team Hooligan playable, or at least include them in a more substantial way in the story instead of just being illusions (which was cool, but always happy to see more characters used more substantially in the stories).

But, I digress -- on the note of an animated Sonic TV series, I would love that so much. I'm a huge fan of Sonic Saturday AM, and even moreso a fan of Sonic X. Sonic X in particular captured the essence of Sonic's world and each character better than any spin-off Sonic media has. I would love to see another show in the style and nature of Sonic X, set in the modern world. I do love the classic world adventures of Sonic Mania Adventures and would love to see that continue, as well.

Ideally if money and resources were no objects I would love to see two Sonic TV series. One set in the modern Sonic world in the style and nature of Sonic X, with the other set in the classic Sonic world in the style and nature of Sonic Mania Adventures. But realistically speaking, I'd probably have to choose one or the other -- in which case I would personally choose a Sonic X style show. At bare minimum I would love to see Sonic Mania Adventures continue as an ongoing web series, perhaps with a "season" of 5 episodes released once a year along with a handful of special episodes for Christmas and other holidays or events.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The sonic movie design looks like (censored!) MadmanRB 7 269 12-17-2018, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Dopey
Smile Controversial Sonic opinion thread TCH! 7 304 11-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Zamau
  The Sonic Soundtracks Zamau 4 269 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Zamau
  Post your Sonic collection! Metallix 5 435 09-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Warzak85DF
Sad Sonic Battle Racers Delayed Metallix 3 254 09-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Metallix
  Bringing back Chao to Sonic games? Flora85 4 275 09-06-2018, 07:50 AM
Last Post: RedFox99
Smile Favorite Sonic TV Show? Flora85 8 337 09-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Flora85
  Over 20 years later the Sonic Movie Trailer is hype! Metallix 0 122 08-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Metallix
  Upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Ravenfreak 19 1,006 08-30-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Sonicfan059
  Sonic comic coming .... To Switch. The Everstone Eevee 3 209 08-22-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: The Everstone Eevee